Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

155mph in Barnesmore Video

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭EAFC_rdfl

damn it id usually be listening to highland in the morning on the internet but didnt bother today :rolleyes:
    is it just that video or has he made his whole youtube profile private? there was a 2nd video with a different car jumping over some dips on a bog road tried searchin it but no luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭blue shimmering

EAFC_rdfl wrote: »
    could some one post here if this makes it into any of the papers? What response did the Gardai Traffic group give?? Hopefully they will make that young clowns life as awkward as possible from now on. as for insurance - there's a good chance he had none!
    The head of Traffic Corps was on Ocean FM and he wasn't too impressed to say the least, he is going to look at the video and see if they can get any information from it that would allow them to identify these individuals! I would say they have a good idea who it is from the descriptions given by different people who viewed the video and only need more evidence before going after them - the sooner the better. I would say they didn't have insurance or if did it was probably their parents!

They need a good kick up the ass****le!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭blue shimmering

The head of Traffic Corps was on Ocean FM and he wasn't too impressed to say the least, he is going to look at the video and see if they can get any information from it that would allow them to identify these individuals! I would say they have a good idea who it is from the descriptions given by different people who viewed the video and only need more evidence before going after them - the sooner the better. I would say they didn't have insurance or if did it was probably their parents!

They need a good kick up the ass****le!
    Did anyone down load the video before it was shut down, it could maybe interest the Gardai or Traffic Corps if they didn't get to it before it was closed! Maybe they have a way of getting it anyway - hopefully!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Darwin was wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

meself and herself are chuckling are asses off here !! This is what The Donegal Board should be about... bring up a subject on a Wednesday and the local media and Gardai latch on on a Thursday and Mr. GG gets his ass kicked.. hey guys... we do make a difference after all !!!:):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Decadent

You may need to download VLC (it's free) to view it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/102846203/get_video.flv.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

His name was evident from his profile on the other video of them on the bog road. Local rumour is that the person who uploaded the video lives very locally to the area.

The talk of not having an insurance disc is probably down to the fact that its a UK import and they haven't registered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I didn't hear Highland or Ocean today. Was boards mentioned on any of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,094 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I didn't hear Highland or Ocean today. Was boards mentioned on any of them?
    Nope.

Thought you knew everything :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

muffler wrote: »
    Nope.

Thought you knew everything :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Within reason.

I was listening to Today FM. :p

• Advertisement

I think its time we all gave ourselves a pat on the back... i think this thread proves we are listened to. Thank you to all who contibuted,:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

These sort of people get away with that sort of stuff on a daily basis. I've been breathalysed ten times in the last twelve months even though I didn't even go out that many times and never even had a sip of drink on me. I wouldn't mind that (it's nice to know they're making some sort of effort), but the sickening thing is I could point to at least half a dozen people I know are drink driving on a weekly basis and another half dozen who drive like lunatics everywhere they go but none of them have ever been caught. It makes you wonder are Guards so inept or are they avoiding hassle. Everyone knows the sort of morons I'm talking about, but rarely see them being caught.
    It's just a thought, but I think if there were more race tracks in Ireland where people could get their jollies abusing their cars in a fairly safe enviroment, maybe they'd get it out of their system. I can only think of Mondello, Kirkistown and Bishopscourt. It's a massive pastime in the U.K. and around Europe. There's nothing wrong with speed, but in it's place and the Gap or any public road is not the place. This sort of crap should be stamped out and stop harassing poor feckers doing 110kph in a 100 as a means of income.

Id love to know how the indo figured out the footage was shot at 6 PM on Jan 30. At the time of the day at the end of January its dark at 5

• Registered Users Posts: 36 CapnMark

It would warm my heart if this little cnut was caught. Hopefully we will be hearing more from this.

Gardai have access to deleted/ removed videos, and it seems that the guy who posted it has a bebo and facebook page aswell with a nice clear photo, I would be surprised if this wasnt the end of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Decadent

Yeah seems this guys days are numbered. With this level of publicity the gardai will have to be seen to act.

One other thing, not wishing to put these excellent boards down we have to remember this video was posted on youtube. I am sure all the papers and radio stations search daily for Donegal videos. With happy slapping and other incidents that get posted regularly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

The indo appears to have picked up Oceans interview, That was the Guard who was on and more or less what I remember him say.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

irish1967 wrote: »
    "Incredibly, at the moment the speedometer hits the top speed, the driver appears to take both hands off the steering wheel to point it out to the front seat passenger who is holding a camcorder."

Darwin awaits.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

story in irish daily mirror as well, trying to find link

made all the tabloids today.... one of the nest headlines was.... "YOU TUBES":)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

The original video should be available for viewing here (and - with any luck - for download in a QuickTime- and iPod-friendly .mp4 format).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

Thats stupid and dangerous, this guy should be in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

elmolesto wrote: »
    Thats stupid and dangerous, this guy should be in jail.

But if caught, he'll probably get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again if past judgements are anything to go by. :mad:

I guess nothing ever happened with regards to catching this guy.... what a surprise:(

irish1967 wrote: »
    I guess nothing ever happened with regards to catching this guy.... what a surprise:(
    I wouldnt be so sure about that. I'd say the Gardai know who it is and have possibly interviewed him but can they charge him with any offense?

His face was never shown in the video clip so anyone at all could have been driving the car plus the fact the reg. number never appeared either.

In any event it can take quite a while for a court case to come around (if there ever is one) but still it would be nice to know if anything has in fact been done in relation to the incident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

I have to laugh at this. (by that I mean the idiocy of the plonker who posted the video)

This knob jockey who posted this video on you tube clearly thought this would be cool to show off to his mates. Since all this has kicked off he has obviously thought he was clever and removed the video from you tube.

Reading through this post, there are at least two other links to other sites that have this video hosted. He'll rue the day he posted that video yet

Good enough for him - wanker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

mcgowan.b wrote: »
    He'll rue the day he posted that video yet

Unfortunately, unless something is SEEN to be done about this guy, he's very unlikely to rue any of it - in fact the opposite is certain, in that he has gained a notoriety and kudos with his mates that no money could have purchased.
    Part of my job involves working with disaffected young boys who think this sort of thing is the greatest of craic. They can't wait for the chance to emulate this 'feat' - some are even prepared to risk 'joy riding' for the thrill of it all. Getting it on utube and causing a media furore is the icing on the cake. No amount of explaining the dangers works, nor do they care that someone else might get hurt. They think they themselves are invincible. All they can and will see is that they'll never be caught.
    Please, please if any gardai/politicians/community activists are reading this thread - DO SOMETHING to show that there are consequences. If there aren't any adverse effects made known, each and every one of us on the roads may look out for the copycats that are gearing up for the repeat performances :mad:

Unfortunately, unless something is SEEN to be done about this guy, he's very unlikely to rue any of it - in fact the opposite is certain, in that he has gained a notoriety and kudos with his mates that no money could have purchased.
    Part of my job involves working with disaffected young boys who think this sort of thing is the greatest of craic. They can't wait for the chance to emulate this 'feat' - some are even prepared to risk 'joy riding' for the thrill of it all. Getting it on utube and causing a media furore is the icing on the cake. No amount of explaining the dangers works, nor do they care that someone else might get hurt. They think they themselves are invincible. All they can and will see is that they'll never be caught.
    Please, please if any gardai/politicians/community activists are reading this thread - DO SOMETHING to show that there are consequences. If there aren't any adverse effects made known, each and every one of us on the roads may look out for the copycats that are gearing up for the repeat performances :mad:

Bravo ! Excellent Post

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Einstein wrote: »
    complete dicks tbh.
    They deserve any harm they do to themselves. Problem is they'll probably take some innocent mother and child with them.

What's the big deal about a mother and child? What if he hits me, and single dude with no kids.
    Hopefully the spa will just take himself and his mates out of the picture, making the roads safer for the rest of us

Advertisement