Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New live update today?

• 26-03-2008 10:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

i modded my xbox last week and delighted with it

when i switched it on this morning i got a message saying that a new update is needed for xbox live and i will be signed out if i dont install it

i never paid for live so not sure why i got this, just curious if anyone else got it and is it safe to install on a modded console

ps xbox has always been connected too the network as its mostly used as a media center extender

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

the updates CAN block xboxes from live

your conslle can still be used but never on live again

if you play on live dont update, if , like a media extender only like you say, update

for the divx update etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

I didn't get any update for live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭synacron trion

I was just playing on my console. I got no update message. I'd be wary about what it will do to your console.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Well if you don't use live, don't update. If you do want to use live or use media center I'm pretty sure you have to update, you can't avoid it.

At first, nothing will happen if you do update and use live, but you may be banned in time. Your games will always work though, they can't prevent games from working.

Advertisement