Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How would the Prem League look if....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

interesting. i saw something like this for Serie A that showed Juventus were cheated out of 8 pts and Inter were gifted about 5, thus putting Juve on top (this was a few weeks ago, though, so things have probably changed since then)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I do think on a lot of times Everton have been hard done bye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Seems about right seeing as we haven't been awarded a single penalty in the league this season and have been cheated a number of times with goals conceded i.e. Chimbonda for Spurs.

And nice to see Mr. Keane can still intimidate referees!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Interesting reading........some people really have alot of time on their hands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Poor Fulham. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

haven't Sunderland missed out on results because of a few dodgy decisions, i thought their total would be higher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Seems about right seeing as we haven't been awarded a single penalty in the league this season and have been cheated a number of times with goals conceded i.e. Chimbonda for Spurs.

And nice to see Mr. Keane can still intimidate referees!

Everton too haven't been awarded a penalty in the Prem League this season.
    Maybe this weekend :pac::p;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Oh how i love the internet and its conspiracy theories....

What is a key decision? I mean do we honestly think that these people could predict the outcome of every single missed/wrong call in a game?

If a referee gives a goalkick instead of a corner...do they presume that a goal came from that?
    If a referee misses a handball on the half way line, do we assume that the team who got possesion out of it might not have scored ten minutes later beause they actually handled it earlier on in the game?

Rubbish IMHO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Did you look at the website? It explains pretty clearly what it does.

• Advertisement

PHB wrote: »
    Did you look at the website? It explains pretty clearly what it does.

Yes, and its full of assumptions....the staple diet of any budding conspiracy theorist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Eirebear wrote: »
    Oh how i love the internet and its conspiracy theories....

What is a key decision? I mean do we honestly think that these people could predict the outcome of every single missed/wrong call in a game?

If a referee gives a goalkick instead of a corner...do they presume that a goal came from that?
    If a referee misses a handball on the half way line, do we assume that the team who got possesion out of it might not have scored ten minutes later beause they actually handled it earlier on in the game?

Rubbish IMHO

Does the SPL version have Rangers in 3rd? :p

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Does the SPL version have Rangers in 3rd? :p

lol, the SPL has had its own version for years and years.

Its at www.celticfc.net :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

They say that every penalty that should have been given would have resulted in a goal.

That is a major flaw, and renders the whole premise of the website utterly useless, imo.

It's just a bunch of clowns with too much time on their hands tbh.

So, the ref gets a few calls arong. So what?

This board wouldn't exist without it happening, and Mr Alan would be a well adjusted young man, in all probability.
    Eirebear wrote: »
    lol, the SPL has had its own version for years and years.

Its at www.celticfc.net :D

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Interesting but flawed concept.

Assuming all penos will be converted is wrong.
    3) Score changes are related to specific decisions only (e.g. a red card for a player does not change the score - even if the player who scores should not have been on the pitch at the time.)

Very wrong.

Also seem selective in the incidents they choose to look at:

http://www.rightresult.net/2008/02/04/tottenham-hotspur-v-manchester-united-pen-from-evra/

Just the one penalty in question? Could have been 3 either side in the game.

Interesting but flawed concept.

Assuming all penos will be converted is wrong.

Very wrong.

Also seem selective in the incidents they choose to look at:

http://www.rightresult.net/2008/02/04/tottenham-hotspur-v-manchester-united-pen-from-evra/

Just the one penalty in question? Could have been 3 either side in the game.

But then it wouldnt be controversial and none of us would be talking about it would we?
    How do we make something controversial...we make assumptions and try and pass them off as unquestionable fact, the whole idea of this website is ludicrous.

Simple fact about football, it thrives on cotroversy, without it we wouldnt be talking about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Load of bollix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Tusky wrote: »
    Load of bollix.
    Actually, that's what I was saying.

But this is better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Thats the biggest pile of crap I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Yep, I'm with everyone in the 'pile of crap' camp. In all fairness, how many "key decisions" would we all be in unanimous agreement with? We saw Andy Gray and Jamie top top player Redknapp nearly come to blows the other day over a disagreement of a key decision. It's all opinion-based.

And, as others have pointed out, to say that a penalty would definitely have been converted is nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

PHB wrote: »
    I do think on a lot of times Everton have been hard done bye.

Indeed we have...

2 goals ruled out for 'offside', which clearly were not...

Andy Johnson vs Blackburn at Ewood Park

and

Yakubu against West Ham last saturday.

There is an extra 4 points... In the first Merseyside Derby we should have had a couple of stone wall penos, but as mentioned, they might not have been converted, but say we draw that game instead of lose, there is another point...

So in Everton's case, 5 points is pretty damn accurate...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

is this site not as old as the hills? at least in terms of this and last season!

Advertisement