Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Driving Test

Options
  • 26-03-2008 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Driving Test this Monday coming in Longford..

Any tips/advice please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Any body have any advice?

Im in the same boat doing my test in Longford. Can I ask how long you were waiting for your test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

When is your test? I applied and got test date promptly, about 3 weeks later.. I am with RSA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Featherl wrote: »
    Driving Test this Monday coming in Longford..

Any tips/advice please!

Yeah, mirror, signal, maneuver. In that order. Remember your inside mirror when turning left.

oops:o

When is your test? I applied and got test date promptly, about 3 weeks later.. I am with RSA

I applied for mine the last week of January and Im still waiting for the letter with my test date. 8 weeks so far I think. Did you send in an employees letter?

• Advertisement

I applied for mine the last week of January and Im still waiting for the letter with my test date. 8 weeks so far I think. Did you send in an employees letter?

It is something like 11 weeks without a cancelation.
    I would recommend you wait, because your more likely to get a nasty time with a cancellation.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    It is something like 11 weeks without a cancelation.
    I would recommend you wait, because your more likely to get a nasty time with a cancellation.

As in its much more likely to be in rush hour or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Rhodney

my instructor told me to always remember G.O.S.H. ;)
    G - Gears
    O - Observe
    S - Signal
    H - Handbrake

As in its much more likely to be in rush hour or something?

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Featherl

That is a long time waiting.. You should follow it up. Yes I included a letter I typed up on work paper to hurry it up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,771 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I applied for mine in early February and its taking place on April the 30th:(

That is a long time waiting.. You should follow it up. Yes I included a letter I typed up on work paper to hurry it up

I might just do that. Phone them would be the best bet I suppose

Did you ask for a cancelation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

how much notice do you get before the date of your test?..

why the sad face?..dont you feel ready to do it then?

I might just do that. Phone them would be the best bet I suppose

Yes but be prepared for a long wait on the lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i always remember BBC brake before clutch, my instructor told me a long time ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Rhodney wrote: »
    my instructor told me to always remember G.O.S.H. ;)
    G - Gears
    O - Observe
    S - Signal
    H - Handbrake

Lol, when I read this I thought you were talking about doing it in that order...I thought you were taking the piss!

how many questions do they ask you on theroy? have mine in 2 weeks :eek:..also with the reveresing around the corner is the nearer to the kerb the better yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Cheers for that. for the 3 point turn hitting the kerb is defintly a big part of people failing..heard though you dont have to do it in 3 turns now as long as you do the manouvre right so could be 4 to 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Celtic07 wrote: »
    Cheers for that. for the 3 point turn hitting the kerb is defintly a big part of people failing..heard though you dont have to do it in 3 turns now as long as you do the manouvre right so could be 4 to 5

Technically speaking the manoeuvre is called the turn-about and not a three point turn, the number of "turns" needed is dependant on a number of factors e.g, width of road, length of car, turning circle of car etc so it can hardly be fixed at three movements, although saying you can have more than 3 doesn't mean 26 would be acceptable. That'd be pretty funny though:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

although saying you can have more than 3 doesn't mean 26 would be acceptable. That'd be pretty funny though:pac:

It would, because you would end up doing the rest of the test in reverse... Turnabouts can be done in 3, 5, 7, 9...etc number of turns, but it has to be an odd number or else you're driving backwards*

*NOTE: Driving the remaining portion of your test backwards is not recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

*note to self* Don't just pick a random number when creating outrageous scenario*
    :pac:

Advertisement