Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Passed your test? Check your competency cert before you leave.

Options
  • 26-03-2008 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Just a word or warning. I passed my test 6th February this year. The tester wrote the wrong driver number on my cert (he wrote the test reference number instread). 2 months later I'm still waiting on him to issue a corrected cert (I kid you not). In the meantime, I cannot apply for my licence as Wicklow county council say my cert is not correct. While at the begininng I put it down to 'everyone makes mistakes' ... its a bit much not to have it sorted 2 months down the line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Why don't you go to the test centre in person and kick up a fuss?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Have you tried just saying you lost the competency cert and simply asking for a replacement? That means nobody has to admit a mistake (except you:)) and pride won't get in the way of reissuing the cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

eth0_ wrote: »
    Why don't you go to the test centre in person and kick up a fuss?
    I did, he was on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

javaboy wrote: »
    Have you tried just saying you lost the competency cert and simply asking for a replacement?
    They will probably issue an exact replacement of the previous one, i.e. with incorrect number. ;)

Advertisement