Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place on body to get a 1st tattoo?

Options
  • 26-03-2008 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

I'm considering getting my first tattoo and I'm not really sure where I want to get it, especially after reading about tramp stamps :-P Was just wondering where I should choose to get it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Forehead for sure.

Seriously, you have to decide this for yourself, it's not a decision you can have made by others.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

For a first tattoo i would be more concerned about the content EG the tattoo itself, than the actual placement,

As many many people regret there first tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 skim

defo listen to vangoz advice it took me a year and a half to pick out my first one.once you no what you want placement should come naturally

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Please read the charter Teencitizen88 especially the bit I have highlighted.
    These questions are just getting stupid at this stage.
    Rule 3.
    No more 'is it sore?' or 'where should I get pierced/tattooed?' threads.
    Quote Etho--"I've closed 2 threads in as many days because frankly i'm getting very bored with all these silly questions."

Does it hurt? Yes, of course it hurts. Getting pierced with a sharp needle, or tattooed - where you have many sharp needled being jabbed into your skin - hurts, of course it hurts. But pain is a subjective thing. What is agony for one person, is another persons pleasure.

Where should I get pierced? Are you a sheep? Would you, for instance, post on boards asking what to have for dinner? You have your own mind, use it.

From now on, threads started asking these questions will be closed. Please don't take it personally, but the tattoos/piercings board is starting to get very repetitive.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Forehead for sure.

:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭The Artist

dumbass3xv.jpg
    lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Your eyeball.

eyeball-tattoo.jpg

garthv wrote: »
    Your eyeball.

eyeball-tattoo.jpg
    actually come to think of that i saw on website(il find it later)that they do tattoo your eyes! True!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

Yeah that was on modblog (modblog.bmezine.com) ages ago. Pauly Unstoppable and Shannon Larrat (owner of bme) along with two other guys got their eyeballs tattooed.

xtruthx

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
    Now my eyes feel all itchy and watery with phantom pain at the thought of that!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

mine too glad someone else is feeling my pain! :)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Take it back! It's all yours!!!

*shoves pain to spinandscribble*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

just get it on your skin

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!
    Now my eyes feel all itchy and watery with phantom pain at the thought of that!!! :eek:
    tissue!LMAO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Take it back! It's all yours!!!

*shoves pain to spinandscribble*

:( so thats why i've been walking around all day with sore eyes... no its probably because there was a gaming lock in last night in town and i only got 3 hours sleep before working with children creating ghastly colourful paintings...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

gaming lock in? so not the regular pub lock in, just a gaming one?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

From what I see lately the most popular spots for 1st time tat's are the neck or the wrist :rolleyes:

Why ask ? are you worried about the pain ?

I think it looks cool. You can extend the iris so if you have blue eyes you use blue ink, green eyes green ink and so on. I'd be well up for getting it done.

xtruthx

I think it looks cool. You can extend the iris so if you have blue eyes you use blue ink, green eyes green ink and so on. I'd be well up for getting it done.

xtruthx
    getting mine in green as iv always wanted to be the incredible HULK:D:D

Sweet we can go together then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭prodigal_son

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Please read the charter Teencitizen88 especially the bit I have highlighted.
    These questions are just getting stupid at this stage.
    Rule 3.
    No more 'is it sore?' or 'where should I get pierced/tattooed?' threads.
    Quote Etho--"I've closed 2 threads in as many days because frankly i'm getting very bored with all these silly questions."

Does it hurt? Yes, of course it hurts. Getting pierced with a sharp needle, or tattooed - where you have many sharp needled being jabbed into your skin - hurts, of course it hurts. But pain is a subjective thing. What is agony for one person, is another persons pleasure.

Where should I get pierced? Are you a sheep? Would you, for instance, post on boards asking what to have for dinner? You have your own mind, use it.

From now on, threads started asking these questions will be closed. Please don't take it personally, but the tattoos/piercings board is starting to get very repetitive.

I have to say, i completely disagree with that rule and how you have talked to that person, People do in fact come on this board and ask what to have for dinner, they talk about what foods to have and what to avoid.

There is nothing wrong with someone getting a tattoo with no meaning, just for style. There is nothing wrong with some people not having an eye for good design and asking if its a good tattoo, and there is nothing wrong with people asking for good spots to have a tattoo...

So many people regret their first tattoo, and they were all given the same advice "do what you want to do" when clearly some people just dont have the eye for it, or the capacity to think the process all the way through, until they have had at least one.

Some people reject piercings, and for some reason cant keep them clean etc, whats wrong with saying to them "get your first one somewhere easy, dont go too crazy, get it somewhere you can take out if you decide its not for you"

anyway, thats just my opinion, and i think people sometimes just need a little help..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

I have to say, i completely disagree with that rule and how you have talked to that person, People do in fact come on this board and ask what to have for dinner, they talk about what foods to have and what to avoid.

There is nothing wrong with someone getting a tattoo with no meaning, just for style. There is nothing wrong with some people not having an eye for good design and asking if its a good tattoo, and there is nothing wrong with people asking for good spots to have a tattoo...

So many people regret their first tattoo, and they were all given the same advice "do what you want to do" when clearly some people just dont have the eye for it, or the capacity to think the process all the way through, until they have had at least one.

Some people reject piercings, and for some reason cant keep them clean etc, whats wrong with saying to them "get your first one somewhere easy, dont go too crazy, get it somewhere you can take out if you decide its not for you"

anyway, thats just my opinion, and i think people sometimes just need a little help..

I agree with that, thats why i intially responded to this, just to give some pretty sound advice, before the regulars start berating his/her post with the usual " on your eye, in between your toes or forehead" ya know.

Oh and this is another post which completely lost its intial purpose,

I agree with you in some parts of your post especially the bit about "get your first one somewhere easy, dont go too crazy, get it somewhere you can take out if you decide its not for you"

But for someone to start a thread about where to get their first tattoo on their body is a bit ridiculous never mind asking "what to eat for dinner"
    Has no one got the ability to make decisions for themselves these days??

A tattoo is permanent--If the OP hasnt even thought about where they want it then I can see a strong case for them considering removal in a few years time.

Look through the forum and you`ll see how many threads there are these days about removing unwanted tattoos.

Richie.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i think, even if the OP had given a design, and mentioned maybe some places that they were contemplating, or wondered where it would work best on the body... then the answers would have been more serious. it would be like someone with limited food options (veggies/diabetics/gluten intolerances) starting a thread asking what they should have for dinner when nobody else has any clue about the persons likes/dislikes/intolerances... pretty pointless, really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Ok, uhm where to start...

ok a tattoo, permanent, very permanent without painful removal procedures. I don't care much whether a tattoo has meaning or not. I just like them. But I will be damned if I go and ask a bunch of people I don't know where the best place to get a tattoo is. For one they don't know me, I don't know them.
    We also don't know what size or style the tattoo will be, this will effect the placement. So many factors, the persons size and shape, style, colour of skin, what job they have etc. etc.
    It's not like a piercing where you can just take it out and the only signs left will be a small scar at most. This stuff is permanent. I dont know the original poster but he/she really needs to think about it, its something not to be taken lightly.
    We can and do offer help, but what can people do with;

"I'm considering getting my first tattoo and I'm not really sure where I want to get it, especially after reading about tramp stamps :-P Was just wondering where I should choose to get it?
    Thanks!"

There's sweet F A we can do or say in this situation without pointing this person towards a decent tattoo artist, chances are they will just pick a piece of flash off the wall and pick a place on their body without thinking it through decently and end up hating the tattoo they receive.

I don't necessarily agree with how he/she was treated but it wasn't malicious.

Moving on...

"before the regulars start berating his/her post with the usual"

Generally we are quite helpful here, we do the best with what limited info we have on the person.

And well to get back on topic, best place to get a first tattoo. Think about it some more, come up with a style and image you like. Go find a decent artist in your locality and talk to them. They will tell you what would flow better and suit you better because they will be meeting you in person. If you aren't 100% happy and confident about it, don't get it done.

Wilburt wrote: »
    Ok, uhm where to start...

ok a tattoo, permanent, very permanent without painful removal procedures. I don't care much whether a tattoo has meaning or not. I just like them. But I will be damned if I go and ask a bunch of people I don't know where the best place to get a tattoo is. For one they don't know me, I don't know them.
    We also don't know what size or style the tattoo will be, this will effect the placement. So many factors, the persons size and shape, style, colour of skin, what job they have etc. etc.
    It's not like a piercing where you can just take it out and the only signs left will be a small scar at most. This stuff is permanent. I dont know the original poster but he/she really needs to think about it, its something not to be taken lightly.
    We can and do offer help, but what can people do with;

"I'm considering getting my first tattoo and I'm not really sure where I want to get it, especially after reading about tramp stamps :-P Was just wondering where I should choose to get it?
    Thanks!"

There's sweet F A we can do or say in this situation without pointing this person towards a decent tattoo artist, chances are they will just pick a piece of flash off the wall and pick a place on their body without thinking it through decently and end up hating the tattoo they receive.

I don't necessarily agree with how he/she was treated but it wasn't malicious.

Moving on...

"before the regulars start berating his/her post with the usual"

Generally we are quite helpful here, we do the best with what limited info we have on the person.

And well to get back on topic, best place to get a first tattoo. Think about it some more, come up with a style and image you like. Go find a decent artist in your locality and talk to them. They will tell you what would flow better and suit you better because they will be meeting you in person. If you aren't 100% happy and confident about it, don't get it done.
    Well said will (applauds!):)

Advertisement