Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from the Sligo forum.

Options
  • 26-03-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

Banned again... the hyper sensativity of the Sligo forum is getting tiresome.

While harping on about how great Sligo is I mentioned that to the South (Galway) has hippies and crusties and to the North (Bundorran) has amusements and scumbags.

Guess what... another banning. My post was also edited. I am tired of getting banned when promoting Sligo in the Sligo forum.

Anyone who goes to Galway or lives there would agree, there are a lot of hippies. Anyone who knows or lives in Bundorran knows that the amusements attract scumbags as they do anywhere in the country.

If I said there was hippies and crusties and scumbags in Dublin would I be banned?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

As your comment has been edited by basquille, I cannot comment on your banning, other than to say that it may have been seen as flippant and over generalizing.
    I have dropped basquille a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I may have been flippant and over generalising, I just don't think that deserves a banning and editing of my post. What I said above is what I said in the post.

Thanks for your help. And quick response.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

lightening wrote: »
    I may have been flippant and over generalising

That is the problem with your comments as basquille sees it.
    It is mild trolling as you cannot tar the whole area with the same brush. It's unfair and untrue.

As far as basquille is concerned, the ban stands.
    I understands his difficulties with regards to moderating this forum.
    The ban may have been a tad harsh, but it wasn't completely underserved either.
    It's only a week and if it helps you focus your thoughts with regards to your posting style, it'll have been worth it, no? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Ban lifted, thanks to Basquille, and Beruthiel for listening.

Advertisement