Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the men?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

Dragan wrote: »
    Cheers!

And it's not even asking people out, it just being social and nice!

I mean, there was a thread here not to long ago about girls approaching guys and lots of girls said they would not do it. Then we have one or two threads about it being hard to meet guys.

In my opinion, the rock cannot complain about the waves that crash against it.

+1.

thats why i was asking the OP if she'd make the move.
    Its hard enough for guys to make the first move, and generally thats because women can sometimes be very unreceptive to it.
    most guys, and i am generalising here, would go out with a girl if she asked, if even just to get to know her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

27 year old female who is now single for a year and a half after a long term relationship ended. I've been fine on my own so far as have kept myself very busy, but with spring/summer in the air I'd love to meet someone. Go out every weekend (well nearly as it's getting repetative now) and have dipped my toe into the online dating thing but am getting bored of stinted conversations (and some undesirables) via e-mail.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the prowl for a husband as to be honest I'm still a bit cautious, but haven't met anyone that I have even clicked with in a tiny way. It's so hard to meet people in the pub/club scene.
    Heya and welcome to boards! :)
    I know exactly how you mean!Ive been single for well over three years now and am sick of it! Its just so damn difficult to meet someone.

I always find going out to pubs/clubs pointless in meeting people because unless your pretty hammered,I find, its quite difficult to get chatting to people and guys never come up and chat to me anyways.

I dont agree with all this joining clubs etc and putting yourself out there more stuff. It sounds like your putting yourslef out there already.It reminds me of the sex and the city episode when Charlotte and Carrie are at a love seminar and Carrie grabs the mike and says'Oh believe me she's out there'.(remember that?) The simple fact is that its very very tough to meet someone and its difficult consistently being single when other people meet guys so easily.
    Sorry this isnt very postive advice or helpful but hopefully it will help you feel better that theres other going through the same single phase :)

Oh and definatly go to the BGRH and LL meetup next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

panda100 wrote: »
    I always find going out to pubs/clubs pointless in meeting people because unless your pretty hammered,I find, its quite difficult to get chatting to people and guys never come up and chat to me anyways.

thats the reason people say to join clubs etc. you might meet some like minded people, who arent hammered.
    pub quizzes are actually always good for meeting people too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

TBH I think some people can get a bit fixiated on "meeting someone", anytime I've meet someone special its when I've not be looking, so right now I'm just enjoying life and looking after myself, everything else will fall into place..:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 LAG

Silverfish wrote: »
    Might I recommend one of the fantastic boards.ie events? Such as the BGRHLL beers on the .. 4th April ( it is the 4th, isn't it). Its a great way to meet people.

Where can I find information on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

I saw them all queing aoutside tesco's last thursday on Camden street about 8- maybe you could wait outside for them...........

Seriously, If you want to find someone- get off your arse. This is called the real world and you have to make an effort. Try Board Beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

WindSock wrote: »
    Ta, courtesy of MonkeyFace. He gave me a few more to use, I'll stick them in a thread if anyone else wants to use them.

Pfft... I don't have a face of a monkey...

I possibly have the arse of a baboon though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

:o Hi all. New to boards and I'm sure that this has been discussed a thousand times before but here it is again!

27 year old female who is now single for a year and a half after a long term relationship ended. I've been fine on my own so far as have kept myself very busy, but with spring/summer in the air I'd love to meet someone. Go out every weekend (well nearly as it's getting repetative now) and have dipped my toe into the online dating thing but am getting bored of stinted conversations (and some undesirables) via e-mail.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not on the prowl for a husband as to be honest I'm still a bit cautious, but haven't met anyone that I have even clicked with in a tiny way. It's so hard to meet people in the pub/club scene.

Would love any suggestions or ideas or maybe I'm asking the impossible!

I think maybe give the online dating thing another go? Everything takes time. A few of my friends are in long term relationships with guys they met online and are very happy. They're lovely chaps too, there's some good guys in the land of online dating, just as with everything else you need to give it time and patience. Good luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭LouOB

Lou whats the Pale?

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

LouOB wrote: »
    :eek:

Looks :confused: what have i said wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Pale = Dublin city and surrounding counties (or most thereof), where anglo culture flourishes and Gaeldom is despised. They hate the Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭YogiBear

WindSock wrote: »
    Well I'm not looking and I have done plenty of extra curricular activites such as Art, Psychology, First Aid and Volunteering and I certainly see little to no men at all. In fact for all of those activities there has only been 1 man to 12 Women approx. I think all the men are at home watching telly/internet and moaning that they can't get their hole.

Check out the Stickied thread here and in the Beer guts forum about our night out next Friday ;) all welcome.
    :D:D Lol! A good number of them anyway!! haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

topper75 wrote: »
    Pale = Dublin city and surrounding counties (or most thereof), where anglo culture flourishes and Gaeldom is despised. They hate the Irish.

Grrrr.... I hate those Irish sooooo... much!!!

Oh... and it's the phrase 'Gone beyond the pale' comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,138 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I would never have known that been from way up here in the black north

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Beware of Snyper:eek: (he gets drinks thrown over him regularly LOL)!

Dont worry dietcoke, if you have a pulse (or had one in the last few hours) and know the square root of 9 is, id date you. The only girl to ever throw a drink on me failed my simple criteria

I would however warn you i have a face that makes small children cry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dietcoke1145

Ah ... thanks a million guys and girls! Will keep positive and going the way I'm going. And some day .... who knows?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Keeping positive is the most important thing!

I met my lady out in a pub with some mutual friends, and we got chatting and joking, ended up swapping numbers and texting/chatting on MSN where we got to know one another better between times, and one evening (feeling a little adventurous and bold) we were playing some of the msn games, and I asked her if she wanted to bet on it, and if she lost she had to go on a date with me and had to at least pretend she enjoyed it... ;)

We're going out 3.5 months now and all's great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

We're going out 3.5 months now and all's great :D

The joys of a budding romance.

*pass the bucked*

Ignore me, im just bitter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭DetectivFoxtrot

snyper wrote: »
    The joys of a budding romance.

*pass the bucked*

Ignore me, im just bitter :D

Single then Snypie?? :p