Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got my licence at long last!

Options
  • 26-03-2008 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

At last, Finally after a lot of chasing got my License for my Bettinsoli sporter
    this morning!! Applied 8th Jan 2008. So hopefully will be busting some clays
    in the near future. Vegeta kindly gave me a lift to the station at short notice
    to collect it so thank you kindly sir.

My amendment for my Rifle License appears to have gone into Limbo land.
    Not as worried about this as its an ammo increase.

~B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Congratulations!

10 weeks or so isn't outside the 'normal' range for this sort of thing, but I'm sure we all wish it could be quicker.

Good luck with the ongoing ammunition increase saga.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Welcome to the shotgun club brother!!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Thanks, looking forward to getting my mits on it again.

The Dealer originally was good enough to invite me to a clay shoot at time
    of purchase so I already got to test fire it and it feels very comfortable to me.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

10 weeks is good going I'd say, given someone I know who applied for a shotgun licence last June, got his licence just a few weeks ago :eek::eek:.

Congrats on the new gun B. Hope she serves you well :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Congrats. It's like a new baby in the family. Don't ignore the other baby or it may get jealous :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭peter-pantslez

congrats and happy shooting!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

What did ye name her?? (the gun that is:D)

What did ye name her?? (the gun that is:D)

I was thinking of Mary Jane as I keep getting reminded of a famous line from Full Metal Jacket which I loved. :D

~B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

bullets wrote: »
    I was thinking of Mary Jane as I keep getting reminded of a famous line from Full Metal Jacket which I loved. :D

~B

Not Mary Jane Rotten Crotch ?

Not Mary Jane Rotten Crotch ?

Yep indeedy! :eek::eek::eek:

~B

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭IDon'tKnow!

The worst bit of getting a new gun is the wait for the cert. But 10 weeks hope it does not take that long for my Winchester Select.

Will happy and safe shooting for you and your new gun.

Advertisement