Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving phone and broadband jacks??

Options
  • 26-03-2008 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to move my phone and broadband jacks (both Eircom) to my living room. The location is prewired for a phone so should not be a major job. Do I get Eircom to do this for me or an electrician?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

see northside people,city ads, ads for internet,phone extensions ,rewiring ,phone extension install, they r cheaper than eircom, atlantic have diy,phone extension kits,depends on distance ,a phone line is 2 wires into a socket, open ,extension socket,take photo,write down all the connections layout,and copy it, if its more than 20ft ,hire some1.you can get 40 ft cable, phone cable,plugs into extension,other end goes to the router.in good hardware shops,maybe maplins.electricians charge 100 euro,an hour ,look in small ads ,rewiring phones etc,its cheaper, thats like paying a doctor 100euro,to put a bandage on your finger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

if your doing this yourself remember that a phoneline has voltage but not enough ampage to do any serious damage. if you short out the phone cables you will loose your line for a few mins.......if the short is there for a certain time the exchange automatically cuts you off and its a pain in the arse to get it sorted. ive done hundreds of these little jobs for ppl its just a pity your so far out...ied do it for nothin as if the cables are in the hard part is done:)

Advertisement