Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD-DVD Player only €49.99

• 26-03-2008 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know how recent this is but noticed this at Argos.

I know long-term future aint great but this is a good opportunity to get the player very cheap plus I have seen the HD films being sold off cheap in Gamestop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ain't great is a bit of an understatement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Define cheap? at the one up my neck of the woods they are still really expensive! despite them only giving about €4 per HD dvd!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Riskymove wrote: »
    Don't know how recent this is but noticed this at Argos.

I know long-term future aint great but this is a good opportunity to get the player very cheap plus I have seen the HD films being sold off cheap in Gamestop.

where ?i was looking in argos and it was still quoting 150!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

i was on my break one day in argos, browsing threw the computer , and it popped up saying it was 50, ran into the stockroom and grabbed mine, and 3 other staff followed suit.

went home and got 300, bourne ultimatum, prestige and knocked up for 16 euro in total on ebay :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 shift4311

Elara.ie has a Toshiba HD DVD rom drive for 23 euro. Beat that.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

i was on my break one day in argos, browsing threw the computer , and it popped up saying it was 50, ran into the stockroom and grabbed mine, and 3 other staff followed suit.

went home and got 300, bourne ultimatum, prestige and knocked up for 16 euro in total on ebay :)

Have never seen a HD movie, is the picture/sound much better?

Would the difference be similar to the picture difference between a normal telly and a HD telly when playing games on the Xbox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yes the difference in films is unreal. I got my add on a few weeks ago and its class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I think everywhere is 50E. In England they are £40 in HMV and Game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

keen wrote: »
    Have never seen a HD movie, is the picture/sound much better?

Would the difference be similar to the picture difference between a normal telly and a HD telly when playing games on the Xbox.

Deffo worth it, especially with the price of HD-DVDs at the mo.. for €100 u can get a player n a stack of movies... Well worth the cash. I've my player hooked up to my projector at home. HD movies on a 100" screen, Sweet:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement