Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450

Options
  • 26-03-2008 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

any ideas when this CPU will be available? feel like im waiting for it forever already :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭ricka05

Have you tried Ebay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

only the Q9300 available on ebay unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Q9300 isn't great. Q9450 is better but reviews really are trying to push people to the Q9550! I've seen them on ebay. Do a worldwide search

its 375e delivered on ebay which is overpriced

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

oems.jpg

:o

You can get the Xeon X3550 for 252 euro shipped from here:

http://www.excaliberpc.com/Intel_BX80569X3350_Xeon_X3350_2.66GHz/BX80569X3350/partinfo-id-585292.html

Its identical to the Q9450 and will work in any board that supports the Q9450

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Did you pay by credit card or paypal....says they r looking for wire transfer
    Anyone know where i can get one today with irish cc or paypal??

Loads of people on XS got theirs from excaliberPC, whats so scary about a wire transfer :P Same setup for Hardwareversand and a lot of places...

nothing scary at all bout wire transfer, thats how i got most my other parts from hardwareservand. Id prefer to use paypal because ive funds added to it thats all. Ill try wire transfer tomorrow if they are still in stock, cheers

You planning on overclocking it?

They seem to top out at around 3.6-3.8ghz because not many boards can comfortably run a quad with 500mhz fsb at the minute...

Hopefully the P45 boards will be a bit more muscular :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Bandits a m8 of mine, He's got an Asus Maximus, Best out there at the moment.

• Advertisement

conzymaher wrote: »
    oems.jpg

:o

You can get the Xeon X3550 for 252 euro shipped from here:

http://www.excaliberpc.com/Intel_BX80569X3350_Xeon_X3350_2.66GHz/BX80569X3350/partinfo-id-585292.html

Its identical to the Q9450 and will work in any board that supports the Q9450

looks good, although the spec looks the same i would be worried if there were differences as there is a price difference of 10$! and also about resale in the future. looks like they may have the q9450 next week

They are identical chips and I bet a Xeon would sell better in the future ;)

Its hard to find the Q9450 atm, and anywhere that has it charge a pretty big premium for it

I intend to clock it alright. We'll see how the maximus deals with it. I found this crowd http://www.wiredzone.com/xq/asp/ic.32007163/qx/itemdesc.htm
    They accept payment from a verified paypal account. Ye just need to email them first to organize shipping costs. Look around the site for the link to international postage/shipping. I found them good to deal with so far, prompt replies etc. I was on the phone to them as well today. They are based in Miami, I think it works out at about 257eur delivered.
    They have good price on Q9450 too but like the hundred other sites ive searched they have none:(
    ....Conzy, why do ya think a zeon would sell better in future?

EDIT!! Just got an email saying they are out of stock and offering me a refund or the option to wait. I took the refund
    because the couldnt give me an eta on the cpu........Bugga....back to trawling the net again

Because they are a workstation class chip and would probably fetch more money on ebay than a similarly spec'd Core 2 CPU...

Anyway as far as performance / overclocking goes they are identical so go for whichever you can get cheaper...

Also bear in mind you are less likely to get charged Import Duty if its sent via USPS

conzymaher wrote: »
    Because they are a workstation class chip and would probably fetch more money on ebay than a similarly spec'd Core 2 CPU...

Anyway as far as performance / overclocking goes they are identical so go for whichever you can get cheaper...

Also bear in mind you are less likely to get charged Import Duty if its sent via USPS

Nice 1, Ill keep that in mind. That crowd^ were gonna send USPS. I hate when they let you order only to tell you they have no stock

Advertisement