Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Recording - Little help??

Options
  • 26-03-2008 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a digital recording unit like a Tascam etc, etc but then I noticed Digital recording software - are they the same? If I buy software do I just plug me guitar into the back of the PC after loading up the software???

Any help would be great

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

id say have a look at the music production forum instead.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=607

Especially the sticky on "how do I record music" - which I found really helpful!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055136974

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Quattroste

No better advice right there! It's not as simple as you put it in your post but your not far off! Technology Eh! :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

To Music Production with you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Insead of using standalone recording units made by the likes of Boss/Tascam, most people these days tend to use recording software on a PC/Mac combined with a dedicated audio interface, which is basically a fancy soundcard. Its possible to record by plugging your guitar/mic directly into the line/mic in socket on your computer's regular soundcard but its not recommended. Have a read through the information on this thread, it'll tell you about what an audio interface is and how you should go about choosing one.

I hope im not out of order here, but if you're looking for a good soundcad ive an emu 1820 for sale if you're talking about using a tower..

• Advertisement

I cant spell today whatever's wrong with me..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I cant spell today whatever's wrong with me..

T-O-D-A-Y;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I hope im not out of order here, but if you're looking for a good soundcad ive an emu 1820 for sale if you're talking about using a tower..

We'd prefer if people didn't sell gear on the forums but feel free to advertise it on adverts.ie and then put a link in your signature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rozwoldo

WOW!

Thanks lads - I didn't expect such swift and useful replies!!

Not out of order at all CQD - gotta get a PC first though! I'm at across roads at the minute - I have a porta studio that I wanna upgrade to digital but I'm also thinking about a laptop and that's my quandry!!

Again - thanks for the help lads!

Roz

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    T-O-D-A-Y;)

touché

I nearly wet myself when I saw that..:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement