Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Howth seal show

Options
  • 26-03-2008 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭

For those of you with kiddies, cheap zoo.

Buy some fish in one of the fish shops in Howth, ask for some scraps for the seals and some rubber gloves. Throw the scraps in to the trawler harbour!

Watch the show, huge huge seals doing hydro acrobatics.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

lightening wrote: »

Buy some fish in one of the fish shops in Howth, ask for some scraps for the seals and some rubber gloves. Throw the scraps in to the trawler harbour!

And about a gazillion sea gulls ****ing on you and the rest of your food :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Jeeze between Portmarnock beach and Howth you an I must cross paths almost daily.

There's a great market out on the harbour on Sunday mornings too, you'll usually see me being pulled from stall to stall by Jericho!.

The seals are fantastic fun too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Mairt wrote: »
    Jeeze between Portmarnock beach and Howth you an I must cross paths almost daily.

I have seen you before on Portmarnock, I recognised your terrier. I was lying on a surf board about 50 meters off shore. Big fella, red hair?

Yeah, I sail in Howth, surf on Portmarnock, Live beside St. Annes park, swim on Dollymount, Canoe in the lagoon.

The seals are a great hit, I had family over from abroad, the kids had "seen everything" Took them to the seals in Howth and then to "glendeer Pet Farm" in Athlone. They were blown away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Mairt wrote: »

There's a great market out on the harbour on Sunday mornings too, you'll usually see me being pulled from stall to stall by Jericho!.

The seals are fantastic fun too.

What time is the market on from mairt?

ntlbell wrote: »
    What time is the market on from mairt?

Sunday's from early from what I can remember ntlbell. Some great restaurants along the pier, yoiu might need to book though. The Bloody Stream is a nice boozer as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Sunday's from early from what I can remember ntlbell. Some great restaurants along the pier, yoiu might need to book though. The Bloody Stream is a nice boozer as well.

Great thanks, will have to pop out this week.

ntlbell wrote: »
    Great thanks, will have to pop out this week.

If the weather is good ditch the car, get the dart. The traffic can be really bad.

Advertisement