Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC Collection

Options
  • 26-03-2008 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,142 ✭✭✭✭

I am not a comic fan but more a fan of the film characters.

I was just wondering if anyone has bought the 1st issue and can tell me if its a good collection to start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

I got the first issue as I'm a big fan of Batman. I knew a bit about the Batman comics and the issue didnt really tell me anything I didnt know before. If anything it might make you want to go out and buy more more comics, its basically an advertisement for them. The issue itself is only 20 pages so not a great read but the Batman figure you get as a gift is pretty cool and good quality. I wont get each issue but will probably look out for the Joker isssue (#3)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Is this the collector magazine that started recently? I'm not sure who it's aimed at, really - the magazine suggests it's for non-fans, but any collector who's interested in the characters is probably already interested in the comics to some extent...

I know someone collecting the Marvel figurines and they seem reasonably good. Not sure about the pricing for this though, given it's basically a figurine & 20page advert for the associated comics, the RRP seems a bit high...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Fysh wrote: »
    Not sure about the pricing for this though, given it's basically a figurine & 20page advert for the associated comics, the RRP seems a bit high...

how much is the RRP in the uk? I know its stupid high here as there's 13.5% vat on magazines but any of the partworks type mags have near 21%

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

First issue was £2.99, RRP is £6.99. Given that I could get 2-3 single issue comics for the price of one magazine, or a TPB for the price of 2 magazines, it's not compellingly priced (there again, I'm not a collector so I'm not the target market...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭navin.r.johnson

Fysh wrote: »
    Is this the collector magazine that started recently? I'm not sure who it's aimed at...

They're like a well informed introduction that kids can understand.
    Batman issue was good value, superman not so much as the figure was a bit lame (when I was buying it, I noticed shoddy paintwork on the figurines left on the shelves). They could have chucked a poster in too for the price of it.

I'll make my mind up after issue 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,142 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Thanks i got issue one and two and will get the 3rd one to and then wait for the Lex Luthor issue. So i have Superman and Batman with the Joker and Lex Luthor.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

Hmm, The Wonder Woman title is pretty solid, issues should be in their teens now, I collect it and its a solid book right now!

Superman/Batman is great as well, thats nearly 50 issues old, I have 'em all thankfully, BIG time recommendation!!!

JangoFett wrote: »
    Hmm, The Wonder Woman title is pretty solid, issues should be in their teens now, I collect it and its a solid book right now!

Superman/Batman is great as well, thats nearly 50 issues old, I have 'em all thankfully, BIG time recommendation!!!

...and this is why you should always read a thread before posting in it. Your recommendation would probably carry more weight if it had anything to do with the subject of this thread, but alas, it doesn't.

Oh right, I misread it I guess

Nice to see that condescension is still alive and well on boards.ie

It's always nice to have more people find the forum and join in the discussions, but there's no point in joining in a discussion if you don't pay any attention to what everyone else has said.

On the other hand, I've now had my morning coffee and am less inclined to growl at people, so perhaps we should start over.

Hello! Welcome to the comics forum. If this is your first time here, have a look at the charter and the resources thread.

• Advertisement

I shall be more diligent in the future my friend!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 bryan philips

I have picked up all seven figures so far and I think there great. although I haven't read the accompanying mags. Have to agree though the Superman one was a bit lame.

Advertisement