Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing finger found!! Hand relieved!

Options
  • 26-03-2008 3:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Well, an interesting turn of events for this incident. We all remember the young man who claimed he lost his finger after an assault and claimed that some guys had attacked him for being English and that during his assault, his finger was somehow taken off his hand. There was stories thrown around that it had been stamped off or that he had run to get away from the gang and lost it in the process.

Well, it looks at though, as RTE reported, the English fella invented the whole thing up, Gardai have found CCTV footage showing the guy climbing a serrated fence, lo and behold, they went to the spot, and guess what they found? A finger!

It seems he fabricated the whole thing up!

I wonder if the British media who jumped on this story will also publish these findings after they so eagerly published this apparent attack based on alleged anti-English feelings?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

link to this story please?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭andrewh5

More to the point, will his father apologise for effectively calling members of An Garda Siochana liars?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Very interesting, do you have a link to the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Just heard it on the radio... Not confirmed by garda yet...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PaintingMedium

Sorry, I only heard it, looking through the online news sites but no mention.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 PaintingMedium

Found it

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0326/wallaceg.html

Family is apparently preparing a statement, with a big apology for the Gardai I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Steak

cheeky bastard, looking for someone to point the finger at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

What a prick. Off with his other fingers for lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

The guards fingered it was him and took a fingerprint:D

• Advertisement

Someone pointed the finger at him:D HaHaHa

"Sorry guard, I was givin those Irish thugs the finger when...............they took it" HAHAHAHAHA its hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Lambsbread

It was funny, when he was on the GRyan show, Gerry kept saying how mature he was about the whole thing!

I reckon he couuldn't wait to get off the radio!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I wonder if the British media who jumped on this story will also publish these findings after they so eagerly published this apparent attack based on alleged anti-English feelings?

Just emailed sky news, we'll soon find out.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I can smell the bull from here...... The poor guy :rolleyes:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhojeyqleygb/
    The family of Guy Wallace, the student assaulted in Dublin on St Patrick's Day, have issued a statement following the finding of the Gardaí that he lost his finger in an incident separate to the assault that was alleged to have occurred.

This is the statement in full from the parent’s of Guy Wallace, William and Lucy Wallace.

“On the night of the 17th of March Guy had spilt up from his friends, he was lost and very frightened after suffering an assault in a fast food restaurant where he received a ’head butt.’

“Due to this assault he was sufficiently traumatised to link the event with the terrible accident that took place minutes later and genuinely believed that he had lost his finger in that assault.

“However, in reality it seems that during his panic-stricken run from the incident he attempted to climb a mental fence, which resulted in the loss of his finger.

“All we want to do now is concentrate on Guy’s recovery from this terrible ordeal.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I'd say the most likely story is:

Got drunk
    Mouthed off
    Got hit
    Wandered drunk
    Thought it'd be a good idea to climb fence
    lost finger
    lied like a bitch

-Funk

funk-you wrote: »
    I'd say the most likely story is:

Got drunk
    Mouthed off
    Got hit
    Wandered drunk
    Thought it'd be a good idea to climb fence
    lost finger
    lied like a bitch

-Funk
    Yeah right, Im giving him the two fingers right now!

Lambsbread wrote: »
    It was funny, when he was on the GRyan show, Gerry kept saying how mature he was about the whole thing!

I reckon he couuldn't wait to get off the radio!!
    He wont be pointing the blame at the Irish anymore.:D

kaimera wrote: »
    What a prick. Off with his other fingers for lying.
    He needs to get the finger out now and knuckle down.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

He wont be pointing the blame at the Irish anymore.:D

It's the Guards now who are pointing the finger!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Such a pity someone from the dublin picture game didn't see it first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is he getting the finger back ?? I think the Gardai should just keep it for a laugh and make him publically beg for it back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

KTRIC wrote: »
    Is he getting the finger back ??

Would you want it back?? It's been without a hand now for a week or two, I'd say it's in pretty gross condition!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

He wont be able to claim off his travel insurance anymore either, what a fool

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Heard the cctv was a bit blurred at first but the guards got it digitally enhanced.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Heard the cctv was a bit blurred at first but the guards got it digitally enhanced.:):)
    lol.

What a right dope he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Poor little COSMIC BABY - get it :pac:

Advertisement