Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place for external drives?

• 26-03-2008 3:28pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know a good site/shop for reasonably priced external drives?

I'd probably be looking for something 250GB minimum, but preferably over 500GB... other than that I'm not too bothered but obviously it'd need to be reliable for backup etc.

If it has an ethernet connection that'd be great too as I could hook it up to the network, but not necessary by any stretch.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

aldi and lidl have some good deals that come up pretty often, usually 500gb for 109 euros, maybe pc world, you might get the same size for 120-130 euros

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

elara
    dabs
    komplett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?quicklinx=4TJL&InMerch=1

Western Digital 500GB MyBook Essential 7200RPM USB2 16MB

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The aldi / lidl ones are usually pretty ****e and more expensive than Komplett etc...

The above My Book is great @ 99 euro delivered and the Seagate Freeagent on Komplett is also very good @ 103 euro delivered

Advertisement