Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the bones of a solid app made with Servlets, MySQL

Options
  • 26-03-2008 3:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

where the servlet(s) provide the following functionality:

1) username/password login (using md5 pref) MySQL
    2) ability to maintain a 'monetary' acount (e.g. deposit, widthraw, transfer, view transactions) *
    3) is secure (i.e. measures have been taken to guard against sql-injection, brute force attacks etc)

I'm a Java programmer myself and could russle something up in a *relatively* short amount of time but I'm sure something like this must already be out there (out of the box pretty much) which'd save me time and - more importantly - be proven robust.

tis quite hard to find it on google because the keywords are so generic!

Has anyone any idea where I might find the bones of an app like this?

* edit- not literally a financial account, but one that uses virtual money/points

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

have you tried google code search?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Yeah, I tried google search. There're obviously *loads* of classes/code snippets alright but was hoping someone knew of a coherent, open-source, base application or so something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You could try over on the Open Source forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Closest thing that I know of is usual reference app, the java petstore, from the java blueprints collection. There are versions out there for JEE, spring/faces etc.

It's unlikely that any reference JAVA code would be mysql specific. Very few would make use of mysql procedures and triggers.

And it wouldn't be proven secure, though it would usually cover the typical loopholes by parameterizing the SQL.
    The license for the Sun stuff is mostly the Berkeley style one where you need to keep Sun's disclaimer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Thanks for the help... think I'll just get cracking on it myself with some help from good ole copy-n-paste.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

There are a few open source shopping carts around they might be worth looking into. They should have the fairly secure login you could use at the very least.

Advertisement