Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista Shadow Copy does not show previous versions

• 26-03-2008 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I have Vista Enterprise and am wondering why my "shadow copy" does not work.

System Restore Points is switched on, there is enough space on the hard drive, but when I go to a file and want to restore it to a previous version (right click and then "restore previous versions") the panel under "File Versions" in the "Pervious Versions" tab of the file's properties does not display anything:

oqzt7x9x.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
    mC.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

in 2003 it's a scheduled task and you can see when it last ran , not sure how helpful that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Yes, that's the same. It last ran that today around 12. The file is a few weeks old already, so it should show me some versions. It's the same though with all files, not just with this particular one. It's a general problem.

update: since I installed SP1 it at least says "There are no previous files available". Doesn't tell me why though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

meowCat wrote: »
    update: since I installed SP1 it at least says "There are no previous files available". Doesn't tell me why though.

because you installed Sp1?
    its like installing sp2 on xp a complete kernal change . mind you you can uninstall sp1 dunno if that will fix your problem.

Sorry, don't get your point papu. I had the problem before installing sp1, see first post. And I'm at least getting some kind of message since sp1. However, shadow copy still doesn't work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement