Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii Noob - Modding

Options
  • 26-03-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Just wondering, can all Wii versions be chipped or is there some cut off point of new boards that cant be chipped ?
    I've been looking for a Wii and there are some good deals on Adverts.ie but I just want to be sure that they can all be chipped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

As far as I know they can all be now chipped, there was an issue with newer ones a while back but I believe that that is no longer the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Newer wiis take a LOT more effort to mod though.
    If possible get your hands on an older model as they are much easier to chip

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Listen if you buy a new one then its a hard job I tried to do one myself with an Argon chip and even though I had all of the equipment including a desk magnifying glass and I've fairly good soldering skills I couldn't get it to work, luckily enough I was contacted by Sub5 who did the soldering work for me, updated to the latest firmare for the argon chip and tested it overnight, he also sent me on photos of the install, so if you do get one and its a D2C board, save yourself a lot of heartache, sore eyes and aching back and drop sub5 a pm.

Advertisement