Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Charger for Canon SD870 IS (USA purchase)

• 26-03-2008 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi

I bought a CANON PowerShot SD870 IS in the USA. (Same as IXUS 860 IS in Europe).

My problem is that the charger is the American type (2 pin with narrow gap between the pins).

I've been told that if I use an adapter that I will simply fry the charger???

Any ideas re the best (& cheapest) solution? I've already been charged $60 for shipping & the customs charged me €52 duty. I'm gone off this camera big time already!!

Thanks

Gerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

Have a look at the charger for the input voltage. If it says 110-220v then you can use it here with an adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

Hi

I bought a CANON PowerShot SD870 IS in the USA. (Same as IXUS 860 IS in Europe).

My problem is that the charger is the American type (2 pin with narrow gap between the pins).

I've been told that if I use an adapter that I will simply fry the charger???

Any ideas re the best (& cheapest) solution? I've already been charged $60 for shipping & the customs charged me €52 duty. I'm gone off this camera big time already!!

Thanks

Gerry

I bought my Canon 400D from BH photo in New York and the had the same dilemma as yourself Gerry.I just went to my local hardware store and bought the adapter for €2.50 and have never looked back.Hope this helps.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭gerrymadden1

Thanks guys...

I'll try the adapter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 358 ✭✭gerrymadden1

Thanks guys

I used the adaptor and the battery charged, no problems...

Problem solved.

Gerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Hi,

Hope some one can help and I appreciate it is an old thread....I have just got a Canon S95 from the states and it has a battery charger that I haven't come across before. The input on it is 100v-240v AC 50/60Hz and as I am not electrically minded I need some advice.....

What do people recommend with this just an adapter plug where it can slot into an Irish socket or an actual transformer thingy that converts the voltage?

I'm excited to get to grips with the S95 as it has received many favourable reviews on here. :D

Any help gratefully appreciated.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yeah, just use the adapter. You won't have any problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭finisklin

Thanks......

Advertisement