Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Besr recruitment agency ?

Options
  • 26-03-2008 4:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

What do people think are the best recruitment agencies in Limerick ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

im my experience, they are pretty much like dodgy second hand car salesmen. apply directly to the companies if you can...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

From my point of view, I have always found the ones based in Limerick to be pretty poor at what they do, and fairly disorganised when compared to some of the agencies in Cork and some of the Dublin ones. Which is a poor show seeing as the ones outside of Limerick seem to be better if you are looking for a job in Limerick.

I would agree with the previous posters comment about being like dodgy car salesmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭elmolesto

I also agree with the previous posters. You will be better off applying directly to the companies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

im also convinced they advertise jobs that dont even exist. example: I was mad looking for work when I came back form abroad, and I saw an add "Italian speaker. urgent. immediate start. tipperary. 3 week contract" so I sent on my CV and said I could start immediately. They never got back to me. I rang them up and asked them what the job was , where it was. They wouldn't tell me. They kept saying "we'll call you back" or fobbed me off to someone else. I kept ringing, and asked them did the job actually exist. They never said if I had the right experience or not .... I reckon it was just to get my CV in....
    I eventually spoke to the guy who they originally said to get onto "he'll call you right back barry!!" (he never did). I'd hand deliver letters to companies myself. Fair enough, you might get loads of PFO letters back, but it's better than going through those chancers any day...I've heard other sleazy insider stories as well...

Advertisement