Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats being built at the side of Eden Wood?

Options
  • 26-03-2008 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Does anyone know whats being built beside the Eden Wood development (on the Kilcoole side of it). Seems like small development with some townhouse type houses. I've been told its not Cosgraves who built Eden Gate/Wood. Sign on a gate has the name of a builder from Arklow on it. Anyone got any info?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Planning was given for Social & Affordable Housing there last year (or the year before) as far as I can remember. So I assume that's what is going on there. It took so long to get started I thought they possibly decided against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mak78

thanks - thats what I suspected since they haven't been advertised anywhere. Would be interesting to know if its social or affordable or both. Big difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

I think it's both - but I read that notice a long time and recall for sure. Check the county council planning website and you should find some notice of it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭mak78

Found it on Wicklow CoCo plnaaning site. Your right its Social and Affordable - '[FONT=&quot]Proposed development of 54 housing units and associated site works including provision of 100 car parking spaces'.

Theres also 2 other seperate planning applications approved for demolishing existing bungalows and building 4 dormer bungalows and 4 semi-detached houses respectively bordering the west boundary of Eden Wood.

[/FONT]

Advertisement