Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Dr. Pepper Issues Challenge To Axl Rose

• 26-03-2008 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭

DATE: March 25, 2008
    SOURCE: Aol blog: Spinner.com

Dr. Pepper to Give Away Free Product If Axl Rose Releases 'Chinese Democracy'

Dr. Pepper is imploring Axl Rose to put out his album that's been an astounding 17 years in the making. The creators of the curiously candy-like beverage have promised that if Rose releases Guns N' Roses' 'Chinese Democracy' at any point in 2008, everyone in America will receive a free can of Dr. Pepper.

But free soda aside, the best part about the proposal might just be the way the company is not only relating to, but sympathizing with, the 46-year-old singer. "It took a little patience to perfect Dr Pepper's special mix of 23 ingredients that our fans have come to know and love," said Jaxie Alt, director of marketing for Dr. Pepper -- not even blinking at her nod to the band's 1989 hit 'Patience.' "So we completely understand and empathize with Axl's quest for perfection -- for something more than the average album." What's more? The "everyone" in their promise comes with a big, wickedly funny asterisk: According to the Dr., both Slash and Buckethead will be left off the gift list. Bet they didn't see that coming.

Feel like supporting the cause? Head here to get involved.

http://www.spinner.com/2008/03/25/dr-peppe...releases-chine/

Dr. Pepper promotion blog: http://www.chinesedemocracywhen.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Why would Buckethead be off the list? He's written a good proportion of the album and there's a good chance he'll actually be on the album....

Oh and Axl's hardly going to release Chinese Democracy to aid some publicity stunt by Dr. Pepper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm not sure which would be worse, Chinese Democracy or a can of vile Dr. Pepper :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Oh and Axl's hardly going to release Chinese Democracy to aid some publicity stunt by Dr. Pepper.

What if Axl Rose WAS Dr. Pepper?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,904 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    I'm not sure which would be worse, Chinese Democracy or a can of vile Dr. Pepper :pac:

ill take your can, so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,874 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dr. Pepper is the drink of the gods, shame they don't sell it near me any more :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

good PR for dr. pepper and G N' R. gives dr. pepper loads of free publicity and keeps the G N' R name out there at a time when a lot of people have ever given up hope of hearing from them ever again.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Overheal wrote: »
    ill take your can, so.

Gladly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

it'd better be cherry chocolate rain Dr Pepper

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=2x2W12A8Qow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Axl issued a statement responding to the challenge issued by Dr. Pepper.

March 26, 2008

Press Release from Axl Regarding Dr Pepper

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr Pepper with our album "Chinese Democracy," as for us, this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others, we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album, I'll share my Dr Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp...s&fext=.jsp

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

But Slash still gets nothing! Hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

23 ingredients in a soft drink. LOL 2 are sugar and water and the rest are e-numbers. or some such.

SWEET! Confirmation that Buckethead is still on the album!

Presumably this means Bumblefoot isn't going to rerecord the solo in There Was a Time. Yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

John wrote:
    What if Axl Rose WAS Dr. Pepper?

And Guns 'n Roses was really Dr. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Rustar wrote: »
    And Guns 'n Roses was really Dr. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band!?

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Oh and Axl's hardly going to release Chinese Democracy to aid some publicity stunt by Dr. Pepper.[/quote]

Thats seems like something Axl would do..yeah hes a perfectionist but hes also a money driven ass!He has a deadly voice do.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Bajingo wrote: »

Thats seems like something Axl would do..yeah hes a perfectionist but hes also a money driven ass!He has a deadly voice though:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭WECpoker

If its takes Dr Pepper to get some music from these guys, so be it.

I will drink my part to get the project going.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

look tbh i dont mind if he releases it because of this stunt or waits till he is good and ready, we have waited this long, the songs so far sound sacage so im havin no complaints, any album with brian may, dave navaro, buckethead etc and axl rose with his voice back to its best is gonna be a great album in my books!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭suckslikeafox

If fairness it doesnt matter if he releases it or not, its all over the net...anyone that wants it can find it easy.

I gotta say I like it, far from classic GNR but its good all the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Blackthorn1011

You have remember when elvery sports offered free rugby jersies if Ireland won the world cup.

Companies dont make gambles that they are likely to lose, I dont think we'll be seeing Chinese Democracy anytime soon.

• Advertisement

If fairness it doesnt matter if he releases it or not, its all over the net...anyone that wants it can find it easy.

Well in fairness, only demos from about half the album have been leaked.

Advertisement