Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brushless buggy

Options
  • 26-03-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭

Anyone using a brushless set up in their 4wd (or even 2wd) buggies? If so what ESC and motor have you gone with?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

The Doktor wrote: »
    Anyone using a brushless set up in their 4wd (or even 2wd) buggies? If so what ESC and motor have you gone with?
    Thanks

I have been using Brushless with a few months now in my sons 4wd Schumacher Mi2ec.
    I used the Novak ss pro 13.5 swtup
    Great little unit.. no complaints

Sold that setup

Got him a Schumacher Mi3 now and gonna go for the Speed Passion GT system now. i have read great reviews about it. Also going on Lipo batteries now. CoreRC 5000 Mah packs.
    Will let you konw how it goes as I only ordered the lot today so should have it for next week :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Sounds about what I was thinkin of goin for. Novak GTB or LRP Sphere ESC and Novak motor. Then I saw things like the Tekin R1 and got conflustered.
    I want to get an ESC that I dont need to upgrade when I change motors (a few less turns).

Yeah. I dont think the Novak GTB had any motor limit.
    Now
    The speed passion gt has a nice feature of a hand held programming device instead of the old way of pressing buttons etc on the esc itself ;)

*EDIT*
    The Gran Turismo has been designed for competition touring car racing and can handle 2.5R brushless motors, or 4 turn brushed motors, and has a maximum output current of 600A. It comes with a built in green power feature that gives you consistent power delivery and longer run times, and it also allows you to adjust the brushless motor timing using its 8 built-in modes.

vectra wrote: »
    Yeah. I dont think the Novak GTB had any motor limit.
    Now
    The speed passion gt has a nice feature of a hand held programming device instead of the old way of pressing buttons etc on the esc itself ;)

*EDIT*

Have a look at the Tekin R1, you connect your laptop to it :D
    Though if you try and find out how good they are on any forum Ive looked at, you get lots of factory drivers jumping in singing their praises. Id rather hear what the regular joe type driver has to say!

When I looked at the Speed Passion, I thought it was more aimed towards TC, but I was wrong on that.. ok another one to investigate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lotus791

the novak stuff is by far the more popular in the north for brushless due to the price . never really saw any give trouble . i use the lrp tc spec one it blew up on the 2nd meeting but replaced under warranty has been as good as gold ever since.

• Advertisement

Ok vectra, you convinced me...:D speed passion it is. Im always up for tryin new things..
    but ill get it local as possible in case it blows up on me.
    now... to find a buggy to put it in ...:D

Ok vectra, you convinced me...:D speed passion it is. Im always up for tryin new things..
    but ill get it local as possible in case it blows up on me.
    now... to find a buggy to put it in ...:D

Most Local Place to buy would be from Schumacher, Thats where i got my one. { well had to really as they are my sons sponsor :cool: }

Most Local Place to buy would be from Schumacher, Thats where i got my one. { well had to really as they are my sons sponsor :cool: }

Yeah, seems about the best. Theres very little price variation from any of the online retailers on it anyway.
    Gonna order the buggy, and when I get that I`ll order the motor and esc.....
    I might even treat meself to a new set of 2ch radio gear :D cos was thinkin of makin the leap from stick to wheel.
    Master card is gonna love me!

Yeah, seems about the best. Theres very little price variation from any of the online retailers on it anyway.
    Gonna order the buggy, and when I get that I`ll order the motor and esc.....
    I might even treat meself to a new set of 2ch radio gear :D cos was thinkin of makin the leap from stick to wheel.
    Master card is gonna love me!

What buggy you going to go for?

What buggy you going to go for?

You will see when i get it.. its a secret :D
    But its not likely that ye see em around the tracks in ireland (i like to be different)

Its just that I got a cheap buggy for the young lad, and remembered how much craic they actually are.

right im off to decide on a transmitter...and order it :D

• Advertisement

You will see when i get it.. its a secret :D
    But its not likely that ye see em around the tracks in ireland (i like to be different)

Its just that I got a cheap buggy for the young lad, and remembered how much craic they actually are.

right im off to decide on a transmitter...and order it :D

Hmm.
    If you remember it then it must be old :D

Does it sound like this :

M****** C**** :rolleyes:

Hmm.

Does it sound like this :

M****** C**** :rolleyes:

eh.. a wha??

In the intrest of showing off shiny blue alloy and cf bits.....
    buggy.jpg

if you guess what it is, theres a cup of tea in it for ya...
    :D

In the intrest of showing off shiny blue alloy and cf bits.....
    buggy.jpg

if you guess what it is, theres a cup of tea in it for ya...
    :D

3 Guesses to narrow it down

Yokomo
    Tamiya
    Associated

:confused::pac:

3 Guesses to narrow it down

Yokomo
    Tamiya
    Associated

:confused::pac:

Well if I tell you the brand, I may as well tell you exactly what it is...
    Tamiya TRF 501 Worlds Edition

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=49401

gallery_11.jpg

Well if I tell you the brand, I may as well tell you exactly what it is...
    Tamiya TRF 501 Worlds Edition

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=49401

gallery_11.jpg

I wasnt far out :cool:

Anyhow,
    I didnt want the Mug of tea beside it.. You put way too much milk in it.. :D

I am thinking along the lines of a brushless buggy/Truggy now myself with the capacity now in Lipo's :)

Looks Nice.

So far it seems like a fantastic car, everything fits so well, and its super smooth. Im not gonna waste my time putting my older motors/ radio gear in to it. Ill just wait till I get the new stuff.
    Gonna get a fuaba 2.4ghz stick radio, and if Schumacher ever the the Speed passion GT in stock, ill go with that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

Are you looking to race it?

MiCk B. :-)

Mickb wrote: »
    Are you looking to race it?

MiCk B. :-)

That would be the plan alright. Not planning to win anything, but race all the same. :D
    Was actually over at yer track in griffeen today having a look, very nice!

I decided to get all arty on the body of the 501.....
    Pic isnt the best, its actually met blue and met purple...

body.jpg

• Advertisement

I decided to get all arty on the body of the 501.....
    Pic isnt the best, its actually met blue and met purple...

body.jpg

Not bad at all.:cool:

Here is a few better pics...
    With out body, or electrics. (Im waiting for new tyres, I couldnt put old dirty ones on it)
    1.jpg

All together

2.jpg

As I will spend a lot of time upside down, it will still look kinda cool...

3.jpg

Here is a few better pics...
    With out body, or electrics. (Im waiting for new tyres, I couldnt put old dirty ones on it)
    1.jpg

All together

2.jpg

As I will spend a lot of time upside down, it will still look kinda cool...

3.jpg

LOL
    Ilike the upside down one :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Kewl, great paint job, nice looking buggy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Karmahkid

I have been using Brushless with a few months now in my sons 4wd Schumacher Mi2ec.
    I used the Novak ss pro 13.5 swtup
    Great little unit.. no complaints

Sold that setup

Got him a Schumacher Mi3 now and gonna go for the Speed Passion GT system now. i have read great reviews about it. Also going on Lipo batteries now. CoreRC 5000 Mah packs.
    Will let you konw how it goes as I only ordered the lot today so should have it for next week :cool:

Hey there Vectra,

I came upon this post and saw you were in the process of purchasing the Grand Turismo Speed Passion GT brushless ESC. I am also in the market for a new ESC for my Associated T4 here in the US. I currently have the Valineon VXL-3, which is a great unit, just looking for programability on top of sensored/sensorless compatibnility. I was wondering if you actually bought the Speed Passion and what were your thoughts on it? I have 3 lipo's that I use (2 2S 4800's and 1 3S 3200). I also found it here for purchase - http://nexusracing.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=52&products_id=1627&osCsid=568a695ddb31ceed690d1d1c6f120c0d

Thanks!
    Jeremy D.

Karmahkid wrote: »
    Hey there Vectra,

I came upon this post and saw you were in the process of purchasing the Grand Turismo Speed Passion GT brushless ESC. I am also in the market for a new ESC for my Associated T4 here in the US. I currently have the Valineon VXL-3, which is a great unit, just looking for programability on top of sensored/sensorless compatibnility. I was wondering if you actually bought the Speed Passion and what were your thoughts on it? I have 3 lipo's that I use (2 2S 4800's and 1 3S 3200). I also found it here for purchase - http://nexusracing.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=52&products_id=1627&osCsid=568a695ddb31ceed690d1d1c6f120c0d

Thanks!
    Jeremy D.

Hey bud,
    Aint it a small world now :cool:
    Anyhow as the story goes i got the GT esc ( V 1.1 )
    Got some Core RC 5000Mah Lipos and my new 13.5 SP Motor ( revised version ) is currently on its way to me so should be able to stick it all together this week.
    Will let you know how it goes then ;)

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Karmahkid

Hey bud,
    Aint it a small world now :cool:
    Anyhow as the story goes i got the GT esc ( V 1.1 )
    Got some Core RC 5000Mah Lipos and my new 13.5 SP Motor ( revised version ) is currently on its way to me so should be able to stick it all together this week.
    Will let you know how it goes then ;)

Cheers

A small world it is. I think this whole internet thing is going to be a big deal someday...;)haha. Sounds good, let me know what you come up with. I may just pick one up this week. Also, I just PM's you because I have the patience of an 8 yr old, lo, so just disregard.

Thanks agian!

No prob bud,
    Will keep you informed :cool:

I got my Speed Passion GT in the post today. All I can tell you is ... it looks nice!
    I wont be putting in in until I have the new reciever with the Futaba 3GR, which im still waiting on :(

• Advertisement

I got my Speed Passion GT in the post today. All I can tell you is ... it looks nice!
    I wont be putting in in until I have the new reciever with the Futaba 3GR, which im still waiting on :(

Looks nice and performs well also with a 27t brushed motor :D
    Still waiting on my 13.5,, should be here tomroow hopefully.

Advertisement