Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brushless buggy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

vectra wrote: »
    Looks nice and performs well also with a 27t brushed motor :D
    Still waiting on my 13.5,, should be here tomroow hopefully.

I went for a SP 10.5 :D just for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

I just got my first elec. buggy there on Fridday, with a Reedy radon 17-turn 30,000 rpm.
    It's a lot of fun but lacking some straight line speed. I was thinking (some time in the future, ie: when my credit card cools off) of getting a Navak Velociti brushless system. I was looking at the 5.5R motor as I could also use it for touring car, if/when I get around to getting one.
    I would get it with the GTB Racing ESC,would this setup be sutable for both?

I'd say it will be a while off before I could afford it though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Karmahkid

I just got my first elec. buggy there on Fridday, with a Reedy radon 17-turn 30,000 rpm.
    It's a lot of fun but lacking some straight line speed. I was thinking (some time in the future, ie: when my credit card cools off) of getting a Navak Velociti brushless system. I was looking at the 5.5R motor as I could also use it for touring car, if/when I get around to getting one.

The Novak GTB Velociti systems are fantastic at just about everything...except....no 3S, no sensorless (not that sensoreless is better than sensored) and no PC connection or handheld tuner for "fine" tuning. If those arent features youre interested in, then by all means Novak is top shelf. You could go anywhere from the 5.5 down to the 3.5 for touring cars. I was actually thinking of going with the Novak's but I already have the Traxxas Velineon with a couple 3S packs so I didnt want to go backwards in features.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

The Doktor wrote: »
    I went for a SP 10.5 :D just for fun.

Oh yeah..!! :D

Where would you be racing the touring car?
    I assume you realisr just how fast that would be ?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mickb

......... getting a Navak Velociti brushless system. I was looking at the 5.5R motor as I could also use it for touring car, if/when I get around to getting one.

Hey,

The 5.5R (L) in 2wd is far too much of a motor. In Lucan I'd run a 7.5R in 2wd and in Navan a 6.5, but if the traction is low in Navan the a 7.5 would be quicker.

We've tried back to back testing in Lucan with a 6.5 & 7.5, the 7.5 leaves the car much more drivable. It doesn't feel as quick, but it shows in the laptimes.

I've run a 5.5 in 2wd in Navan. It was quick in a straight line. But was a lot of work to get around the track.

A 5.5 works well in 4wd.

(I've a Novak GTB in both the 2wd & 4wd)

MiCk B. :-)

• Advertisement

Where would you be racing the touring car?
    I assume you realisr just how fast that would be ?:rolleyes:

I haven't really got a clue where the touring cars are raced, so I'm not sure, do the race elec on St. Anns or is that just nitro?

No idea how fast it would be:confused:, but sounds like too fast. It is probably a while off before I can afford a touring chassie anyway:(
    Mickb wrote: »
    Hey,

The 5.5R (L) in 2wd is far too much of a motor. In Lucan I'd run a 7.5R in 2wd and in Navan a 6.5, but if the traction is low in Navan the a 7.5 would be quicker.

We've tried back to back testing in Lucan with a 6.5 & 7.5, the 7.5 leaves the car much more drivable. It doesn't feel as quick, but it shows in the laptimes.

I've run a 5.5 in 2wd in Navan. It was quick in a straight line. But was a lot of work to get around the track.

A 5.5 works well in 4wd.

Sounds like the 7.5 is the way to go then, how would this perform in a touring car? Considering I am a noob I suppose it would be enough power.

I'll just have to live with my 17 turn for a while :o:D

I haven't really got a clue where the touring cars are raced, so I'm not sure, do the race elec on St. Anns or is that just nitro?

No idea how fast it would be:confused:, but sounds like too fast. It is probably a while off before I can afford a touring chassie anyway:(

Sounds like the 7.5 is the way to go then, how would this perform in a touring car? Considering I am a noob I suppose it would be enough power.

I'll just have to live with my 17 turn for a while :o:D

If you can manage to get to Lucan some Sunday they run Touring Cars (Mick or Bonisio will confirm this )

They only run 13.5 Brushless or 27turn Brushed motor class. ( In the north they run 105 Brushless or 19t brushed motors )

So being realistic the 7.5 will only be of use to you for offroad with Mick in Dublin Model Car Club.

Hope that helps you. ;)

So being realistic the 7.5 will only be of use to you for offroad with Mick in Dublin Model Car Club.

Or in Navan.
    If you can manage to get to Lucan some Sunday they run Touring Cars (Mick or Bonisio will confirm this )

I've no idea on this.

A good up grade to the 17T motor that you have would be a 'race' 19t.
    The Checkpoint 19t would be my advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

At the moment there is no racing in Lucan/Celbridge (there was racing in the Mill Centre over the winter) but plans are a foot to run EP touring cars out at St.Annes. We tested a 10.5 brushless motor with correct gearing in an S400 last weekend at St. Annes and it was very nice to drive.

Also looking at an outdoor venue in the Maynooth area for some mid week evening racing.

Will keep you posted.

bonisio wrote: »
    At the moment there is no racing in Lucan/Celbridge (there was racing in the Mill Centre over the winter) but plans are a foot to run EP touring cars out at St.Annes. We tested a 10.5 brushless motor with correct gearing in an S400 last weekend at St. Annes and it was very nice to drive.

Also looking at an outdoor venue in the Maynooth area for some mid week evening racing.

Will keep you posted.

Sounds interesting for the summer.

How smooth would the surface have to be?
    I am thinking Stones Vs Belts :eek:

• Advertisement

Cool Oisin keep us posted.

Mick thanks for the motor tip, now all I need is some spare change.

Mick thanks for the motor tip, now all I need is some spare change.

No problem anything else just ask.

Just thought I would post a short clip of my B4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mole2k

Mickb wrote: »
    Hey,

A 5.5 works well in 4wd.

Hi Mick, is there regular 1/10th racing at Navan at the moment. Im dying to get my 501x WE out of the hall for a change. Only got a novak 4.5R or an LRP Eraser 10.5 so I either have no power or insane power :P

A few shots of my buggy, Running an LRP Sphere 2007 TC with the 10.5t for the indoor racing.
    _MG_5270.jpg

_MG_5271.jpg

Any update Dok ?? :confused:

Any update Dok ?? :confused:

Well, it seems the futaba 3gr 2.4ghz is pretty difficult to get! Im still waiting on it to come back into stock. Seems like they are hens teeth :(
    I am hearing the beginning of this month. If I dont have anything shortly, I can see myself looking at some alternative.
    I cant be bothered setting it up with the cheaper 27mhz radio gear, just doesnt seem right!

Though I have the speed passion motor and esc in my clutches!

Well, it seems the futaba 3gr 2.4ghz is pretty difficult to get! Im still waiting on it to come back into stock. Seems like they are hens teeth :(
    I am hearing the beginning of this month. If I dont have anything shortly, I can see myself looking at some alternative.
    I cant be bothered setting it up with the cheaper 27mhz radio gear, just doesnt seem right!

Though I have the speed passion motor and esc in my clutches!

Must be great to have patience..:o

Must be great to have patience..:o

I dont when it involves waitin for orders!! 16th of july is the date the stuff will be available. If its not ready then, Futaba can f*** off, and ill get meself the ko propo gear instead !:D

there is no way I would be able to wait that long!!!

I am joining the Possie.
    I have bought 2 Factory Team B4 Buggies and am going Brushless with both
    Will update as i go ;)

• Advertisement

I am joining the Possie.
    I have bought 2 Factory Team B4 Buggies and am going Brushless with both
    Will update as i go ;)

Will you go with the speed passion set up?

Great to hear thats two more 1:10 EP buggies on the scene. Just got a B4 from Mick B myself along with four more of the lads so numbers looking good.

Hope to see you in Lucan soon.

Will you go with the speed passion set up?

Most likely but I am on a waiting list as Speed Passion are developing a new 10.5 to make it BRCA Legal and i have to wait for that.
    OTOH.
    If something else pops up in the meantime I will have a look :rolleyes:

Radio gear??
    Well
    I just sold my DX3 system with my CRT
    Any views on the Futaba 3pm 2.4Ghz Fasst ??

@ Oisin.
    Lucan is the plan ;)
    Am I right in saying 10.5 is the class motor to use?

yep 10.5 BL or 19t brushed

Don't think Mick B will be too strict on which 10.5 BL motor you use. Do you not already have a 10.5 for your Touring Car? I'll be using my Team Orion Vortex from my TC along with my Speed Passion ESC.

bonisio wrote: »
    Don't think Mick B will be too strict on which 10.5 BL motor you use. Do you not already have a 10.5 for your Touring Car? I'll be using my Team Orion Vortex from my TC along with my Speed Passion ESC.

I am starting from scratch as I dropped racing over 2 years ago to run My sons car for him.
    Getting itchy fingers now again so gonna give the buggies a go
    Must get a 10.5 for him as well. He can use his speed passion GT esc.

I need to get esc and motor
    Radio gear.

I am starting from scratch as I dropped racing over 2 years ago to run My sons car for him.
    Getting itchy fingers now again so gonna give the buggies a go
    Must get a 10.5 for him as well. He can use his speed passion GT esc.

I need to get esc and motor
    Radio gear.

Update
    First FT B4 arrived yesterday, Slipped through Customs :cool:

Radio Gear is in Customs in Dublin according to Track and Trace. :o
    Hope they pass it by :D

OH
    This Radio Gear I bought.:
    Airtronics Sanwa M8

Like This one >> HERE <<

pic2.jpg

Second B4 on its was also.
    Just need some Lipos now and Brushless system ( I am closing in on these ;) ):cool:

This Radio Gear I bought.:
    Airtronics Sanwa M8

:

I wish I could manage the pistol radio gear! I coulda had what i wanted ages ago! :mad:

I wish I could manage the pistol radio gear! I coulda had what i wanted ages ago! :mad:

I hope I can manage it when I get it :P

• Advertisement

After a couple of hours of using it, it becomes second nature.

I have a Novak 10.5 BL and GTB ESC on the way myself at the moment, can't wait to try it out in the B4.

Advertisement