Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wap

• 26-03-2008 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭

im a meteor customer and on there website theres a data add on for 250mb but thats only for pay monthly

im on pay as you go

is there any deal out there for pay as you go customers for data (wap)
    any operator

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Its actually changed to 9.99 for 1gb and no other option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,713 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Its actually changed to 9.99 for 1gb and no other option

is that pay monthly?

is that pay monthly?

nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Vodafone prepay: 99 cent for a day with up to 50mb on that day using vodafone live! access point (isp at 2 euro/mb)

• Advertisement

strecker wrote: »
    Vodafone prepay: 99 cent for a day with up to 50mb on that day using vodafone live! access point (isp at 2 euro/mb)

so that's €30 a month for 1.5GB versus €10 for 2GB. there's a clear winner except of course that 3's customer care is brutal

so that's €30 a month for 1.5GB versus €10 for 2GB. there's a clear winner except of course that 3's customer care is brutal

And you don't need 3g, and on days when you dont surf, you dont pay!

strecker wrote: »
    And you don't need 3g, and on days when you dont surf, you dont pay!

this is true. you don't need 3g with 3 in some place but you do in most. but remember that 3 only does 3g coverage so its really only out in the sticks that you might have a problem.

the second thing is a very odd concept to me. a day when you don't surf :eek::confused::eek:

there are positives and negatives to both. vodafone's calls are cheaper too

this is true. you don't need 3g with 3 in some place but you do in most. but remember that 3 only does 3g coverage so its really only out in the sticks that you might have a problem.

the second thing is a very odd concept to me. a day when you don't surf :eek::confused::eek:

there are positives and negatives to both. vodafone's calls are cheaper too

had to laugh myself about "the days I don't surf" hahaha...but I thought some people don't ??? Or so little that some days .isp at E2/mb is cheaper and the calculation gets soooo complicated.
    And, yeah, I live in the sticks, so 3's not an option...
    But even if/when on voda I'd do 99c every day a month - that's be 30-ish euro, plus calls = over 40 euro - which means they give me 10 euro free credit for using over 40 euro...in addition I get free voda to voda texts and calls at the mo (and there usually is some sort of offer)... So just comparing the on-paper offer's no help for me... Then there are the phones: voda's n95/8 I bought is unbranded and unlocked...much better re-sell value than the 3 brand-bombs...plus service quality(as mentioned)...
    The complexities are mindboggling....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭cc

yea its a bid of a mind bender. Depends on the user of course. If for instantance i only done some light browsing on vodafone, a couple of pages a day ,it could cost €30 for a whole month when in reality i might of only downloded 10mb of data. Thats a rip off, whereas someone who downloads 50mb a day then €30 for the month sounds a lot better. I think data bundles are the way to go for mobile internet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement