Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wall Mounting 37" Flat Screen

• 26-03-2008 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

I recently bought a 37" Philips LCD TV and it is currently on its stand on a home entertainment unit and I was hoping to mount it to the wall.

The only problem is that it is a bedroom and the wall I wanted to mount it to is a plasterboard wall and i have been told by friends that it may be dangerous.

Should I mount it to the wall?:confused:

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Mister-M5

100% do not mount a 37 inch TV on a plasterboard wall / Drywall, unless you are drilling through the plasterboard and into at least 2 inch thick wood, there should be lats running inside the wall, normally around 3 feet apart.If you find them you should have no problem,Just make sure you drill a good bit into them that the Screws are very securely in.I recently installed a tv in a friends house. It was a 22inch LCD on a plasterboard wall but i refused to mount it unless we found a lat inside the wall, we did and its very secure.

I could install my tv over the fire place simply because it was a false fire breast and Plasterboard

Hope this helps

Rob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Hi,

I have a similar problem expect with a 32". I can find one piece of wood, will this be enough?

If I put my finger in I can feel the wall, could I drill through the plaster board and into the wall?

BC

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

bcirl03

As i said above as long as you are drilling into Wood or Solid wall their is no problem, Absolutely you can drill through Plaster board and into the wall. this would be the best option (Solid Wall mount). make sure to drill about inch or so into the solid wall.This will definitely secure the TV to the wall.

Good luck with it , let me know how you get on.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭knoxor

Hi,

I'm looking to put up a 46" tv onto a plasterboard wall. I'm not gonna try it myself but can anyone recommend someone who could put this up securely for me ?

ta

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

You guys should consider a floating wall install. Some supporting cross braces, say 2X2's would then allow you to mount the tv on something heavier, with the cross bracing and supports hidden by the floating wall.

I'm in the middle of a floating wall install my self at the moment, however mines onto a block wall.

• Advertisement
Advertisement