Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mcad???

Options
  • 26-03-2008 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I really want to do the MCAD course and I have a few questions about it if anybody can help me with it would be greatly appreciated.

Firstly I have worked a little in visual studio, .net etc and really like it and want to really work in this area, so is this MCAD course suitable to a person with not much experience in this area. secondly as I am newish to it, what kind of time frame would it take me to complete the 3 exams?

Also can anybody recommend places in Dublin where you can do these courses and on average how much would it cost me?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

The MCAD is the old .NET 1.1 certification. The equivalent under .NET 2.0 is the MCTS in the different disciplines such as MCTS .NET 2.0 Web Applications

As you already know the MCAD requires 3 exams. Some of the electives such as the SQL 2000 exams are retiring at the end of the month so you wont be able to sit them from then. The MCAD exams themselves will be retiring this time next year ish!

Now as for timeframes you can complete the certification in as little as a day and half for the 3 exams if you were that way inclined. But maybe we will take a bit slower ;)

Depending on your programming experience and your determination to learn the material it could take anything from 3 to 9 months. I completed mine in 3 months of studying but I was very familiar with .NET and VS2003.

How much experience do you have with VS2003 and the .NET 1.1 framework and also which facets such as Windows forms, Web Applications etc.

Advertisement