Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get the internet on my laptop?

Options
  • 26-03-2008 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭

I recently got a laptop for my birthday and I am enquiring how I get internet access in college on it. Do I take it to the Daedalus building and hand it in to someone or do I take it to the laptop point in the arts block.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Whelo10

Yeah, your best bet is to take it in2 Daedulus and let them alter the settings for you, it only takes two minutes...no hassle really at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Thanks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

You don't need to do anything to use the wireless. Just set your system to auto detect proxies in IE or Firefox and you're good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Or simply download firefox and run IE in college and Firefox outside or vice versa.

To set it in firefox just click 'Tools > Options > Advanced > Settings > Manual Proxy Configuration'

In IE it's ' Tools > Internet Options > Connections > Lan Settings > Use Automatic Configuration Script'

Proxy address you enter is http://proxy.ucd.ie/proxy.pac.

Connect wirelessly as you would to any open network when you're in college and you're away.

Advertisement