Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volvo s60 T-Belt

Options
  • 26-03-2008 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

just a quick question here, would i be mad going to a back st garage to get the t-belt changed or do I need to go to a dealer to be sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

in my opinion no you wouldn't be mad in going to a 'back street' mechanic at all. make sure the mechanic in question has a good reputation, ask your friends where they take their motors etc.

got timing belt done in my car last november by a good independent mechanic and cost 380euro, i'm sure main dealer would have charged a lot more than this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I'd have a lot more confidence in my regular reputable back street garage than in a lot of main dealers who seem to earn a fortune off overpriced oil and filter changes.
    Where are you based, maybe someone here can recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭TychoCaine

The timing belt in the S60/V70/S80 is supposed to be a right pain to change. I've heard from one owner that our local dealer is actually referring people to an indy across town for it. They don't even want to take it on.

Advertisement