Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attention Bikers!!!!!!!

Options
  • 26-03-2008 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is any official designated area for parking of motorbikes in Belfield?

recently parked up at AIB and got a warning sticker on the bike. cant believe they touched my beauty :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

There's an official spot at the back of the library, it's under cover too. Very handy.

That's the first time I've ever heard of a motorbike getting a sticker. Was it at the back of Daedalus? I've often seen bikes parked there, wouldn't have thought there'd be a problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭simonrooneyzaga

yeh thats where i park my bike.. however, beware whens its busy not to encroach even slightly onto the handicapped parking spaces directly beside it.. very easy mistake to make and i know a guy who was fined €80 for only his back wheel covering it! back to the age old argument... clampers: **** or just doing their job?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

If you drive around to the student accomodation at Belgrove there is a delievery area between the back of the arts block and the back of the library. There is a designated spot beside the Post Room for Bikes and five very car parking spaces which are in very very high demand.

thats the place were talking about grimes!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

sorry I was just giving directions.

• Advertisement

fair enough! your defo right about those spaces though... many an hour I have discussed who actually gets them on a regular basis!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Some of the Library staff who arrive very early get them along with the maintenance guys. Though sometimes I've seen one of the morning cleaners leaving one of those five spaces and a lucky motorist getting it... What bike are you on simonrooneyzaga?

i very rarely make an appearance in college but im on one of the ****ty little honda x8rs with ridiculous stickers all over them.. still, gets me home to terenure in no more than 7 minutes at any time of the day!

hondax8r.jpg

what a beaut!

Advertisement