Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

the legendary rover is for sale

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Oh for the love of sweet dear jee-bus!
    It is called a halfords magnet.
    However it has a fridge! But does that really represent the imense price tag?

And he has a transformer badge on the boot fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Super Sprots :D

Dam you to hell i just noticed this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

i didnt think it'd need a fridge its already so cool! :cool:

sorry couldn't help myself

thumbs up! Well done. Missed that one too! No block of cheese icon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

not only that, I see he's throwing in (up? :eek:), a Germin GPS too :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wow, but what if I don't live in Germiny???

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭plissken

Hmmm showroom condition eh,

obviously there talkin about a showroom that a halfrauds truck has just crashed into followed by an hyperactive 8yr old with his sticker collection

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Wow, that is the nastiest carzone advert I've seen yet. I think I've seen this car around actually. It's actually quite subtle when you see it in real life - honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

I know this car, it is seen regulary around Rathfarnham Dublin 16. It is owned by an asian guy. He has a nice looking gf too. I have stared and laughed at this many many times and even took pictures for memorial reasons.

What a 100% plonker this guy really is thats all I will say!! Absolute cream of the crap I have ever seen on the road. He drives it with pride good god.

And what the hell does super sprots mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Check out the Inter Milan steering wheel crest :eek:

mondeo wrote: »
    I know this car, it is seen regulary around Rathfarnham Dublin 16. It is owned by an asian guy.

Yeah, I've definitely seen it so, not that there can be too many others like it. Have seen it a couple times driving through Ballsbridge as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭landydef

i love the bullit hole stickers on the side
    then again maybe there not stickers!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Carzone ad wrote:
    Summary:
    Very clean showroom super sprot rover for sale, lots of extra on it, 17 inch wolface balck alloy wheels, 4 professional speaker and sub on fitted, sony Mp3/Wma CDplayer + 10 CD changer, highilghts HID lights. want to change Typer, so, quick sale, open offer.(3200euro include GERMIN GPS and car fridge)

The current Typer can't type!

He will never ever sell that car, he will have to pull off all that crap and fix the interior before anyone would take it seriously. 3,200 wow thats some serious money for any Rover at this point in time. You would get a nice TOMCAT in the UK for that money

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

. 3,200 wow thats some serious money for any Rover at this point in time.

Any chance you could get me an 06 75 for €3200? Preferrably the diesel but for that money I'll take any engine. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

That car was up for sale about a year ago I remember.

Could you just imagine handing over €3,200 of your hard earned for that yoke?

It should get this type of treatment (Unpinp your auto):

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

^^ haha, wasn't that guy in Prison Break? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Does he let you know how many head gaskets its been through? 1.6 K Series, not good...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,828 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Stekelly wrote: »
    Any chance you could get me an 06 75 for €3200? Preferrably the diesel but for that money I'll take any engine. :)

Or, indeed, a 2005 MG ZR (its a Rover 25, like) 160+, thanks.

Stephen wrote: »
    ^^ haha, wasn't that guy in Prison Break? :)

Yes. He's Peter Stormare, he's been in quite a few films.

Back on topic,I would take great pleasure in running that thing over in a tank! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Somebody please ring him up and record it ask him why his car is a mobile halfords on wheels :D

The guy must think a quick sale is a sure thing what with all the hits his advert has gotten.

I txtd this 100% twit brain about his sporting Rover and am waiting for a correspondence. Nice! I'll go make myself a cup of tea now and wait.

I txtd this 100% twit brain about his sporting Rover

Do you not mean his "sprotting" rover?

eoin_s wrote: »
    Do you not mean his "sprotting" rover?

Well i tried to sound genuine in the txt, I just said to him "what engine has it got? Will you take e2900 for it? Is it a high performance model?

:rolleyes:

Heres the reply "1.6L u can tak a look. we can talk about price after ok?"

haha didnt txt him back after that, not bothered ya know:p

"we can talk about price after ok?"

'Yes, it's too much!'

• Advertisement
Advertisement