Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shady water test

Options
  • 26-03-2008 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I started a thread about a company called Pure H2O last Thursday and it was going really well with almost 50 posts in 2 days. Then I went away for the weekend and when I got back the thread was closed down, just when it was getting really intresting :mad:.

Did anyone here have their water "tested" by this outfit, the test consisting of putting an electrical current through a glass of tap water and turning it all gooey and black?

Oh, by the way om boards, if you are reading this .......... you were right, I do work in the water treatment industry. I would have told you this had you asked me. There was no need to stay up until 4am tracking me down, its not a secret:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭board om

I started a thread about a company called Pure H2O last Thursday and it was going really well with almost 50 posts in 2 days. Then I went away for the weekend and when I got back the thread was closed down, just when it was getting really intresting :mad:.

Did anyone here have their water "tested" by this outfit, the test consisting of putting an electrical current through a glass of tap water and turning it all gooey and black?

Oh, by the way om boards, if you are reading this .......... you were right, I do work in the water treatment industry. I would have told you this had you asked me. There was no need to stay up until 4am tracking me down, its not a secret:D

dont worry, i didnt stay up until 4am 'tracking you'. that took all of 30 seconds. 4am is quite a normal hour for me to post as you will see from my other posts. and i did ask you if you worked in the industry, actually no i told you that you worked in the industry, but you mysteriously disappeared.

anyway, i think you are being a bit modest when you say you 'work in the water treatment industry'. you are the founder of Aqua Treatment which is a direct competitor of Pure H20.

i dont mind a bit of healthy banter about companies service when someone has indeed had bad service. i think its brilliant to hear good and bad experiences people have had with companies. but using a forum just to knock the competition is completely unprofessional. things must be pretty bad in the water treatment industry if you are resorting to childish acts like this.

i reckon a more appropiate thread would be "what bloody use is water treatment, and who could be arsed purchasing it"?

i would much rather a bottle of Naive, oh i mean Evian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭Musha

Industry Based Person Here:D (just to save the search engine time)

"i reckon a more appropiate thread would be "what bloody use is water treatment, and who could be arsed purchasing it"? ""

There are many different forms of water treatment not all people have good water flowing through their taps!
    Water can have many nasties in it and some can cause health issues,
    i deal mostly with the supply chain end of the business for plumbers, suppliers etc, they come to me for their clients who require softners to prevent limescale build up on showers, heating systems etc or drinking water filters because they have been hit with a boil notice or the general water supply is not great in their area group water schemes etc. There are also Well Water systems to prevent sand/slit and organic and inorganic chemicals entering the house. we do not all charge a small fortune for products generally if I make a sales call the client knows the price upfront and wants more information regarding installation etc.. We don't use the percipator test if a customer needs a water test it is sent to a certified lab and full test results are then posted to them, on site testing is a hard water test or TDS reading we have many happy customers who have gotten quality products for a fair price to suit their needs unlike H2o where one sizes fits all.
    Please do not knock the industry it has been going a long time and we are not Conmen with heavy sales and scare tactics
    If people feel pressurised into buying something in their own homes i would kick the sales guy out on his ass and research the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 metroman_12000

Steady on there boards and stick to the facts.

I did NOT disappear, I went away for a break, it WAS Easter weekend afterall. Is that allowed?

You NEVER asked what I did, and if you had, I would have told you and anyway, its public knowledge, I have a website.

You came out with all guns blazing in defence of an outfit who are running a SCAM... no other name for sticking 2 probes in a glass of someones tap water and telling them its unfit to drink, then taking 2 to 3K off them for a filter which can be bought elsewhere for 3 to 400 euro. You say their filters are a "long term investment". RO filters should be changed at least anually..... so much for long term!

If you had read the 50 or so posts to the last thread almost everyone who came into contact with these scammers had the same story to tell, they were conned by a false "test" which actually tells you nothing about water quality, and then ripped off.

Next point, I am NOT in direct competition with these scammers. They "sell" only one product, reverse osmosis units. I sell about 8 to 10 of those units per year out of a turnover of 750K. They are quite useless to most people. Reverse osmosis units are useful for specific problems which are quite rare in Ireland.

You accuse me of using the board to knock competition. There must be a few hundred water treatment companies operating in Ireland and any of the decent ones would send a clients water to an independent lab before advising them whether or not their water supply was fit for human consumption or not. They certainly would not offer every tom dick and harry 1,500 to 2,000 euro per week to fool people with a cheap trick.

You also knocked the fact that Joe Duffy's show has featured this company twice. I have never heard of even one of the other few hundred water treatment companies mentioned.

I find it strange that you attack me everytime I post on here, despite the fact that almost 100% of the contributors to the last thread had much the same thing to say as I did about H2O.

You also said in a previous post that you did some work for H2O "MANY MANY YEARS AGO" thus giving the impression that they were around for 20 or 30 years ...... this company is no more than 4 to 5 years old.

I think you have a vested intrest here and are trying to come across as "Mr. Fairplay" but I don't expect I will ever be able to prove that

Musha,

Have you come across this scam on your patch?

Musha,

Have you come across this scam on your patch?

They had an active Cell here last summer, Did wonders for my RO sales :D

Also their has been an increase in sales from my Donegal dealer and he was not even advertising ..

I was listening to the Joe Duffy show that day after getting a call from another dealer in Cork, Scam and Rip off are widely used these days
    more on the Very poor sales tactics and very over priced products..
    I would like to know if they tell the customer what interest rate the HP is on I heard that it is 29.9%apr (anyone in the know correct me if I am wrong)
    I have done very little domestic sales I mainly deal with resellers/Dealers and trade,
    But I do know that everyone I know that installed one of their systems feels agrieved when they find out the true market value.
    Funny how every county they hit we see a spike in sales fro that area :D;)

• Advertisement

:D Good for you Musha ..... I never sold a single RO unit until people started calling for a price directly as a result of a visit from H2O :D Regarding intrest charges.... I know someone who could not afford to pay up front, so they signed up for finance. The unit was 2,700 euro ..... 600 euro off for signing up on the night, so now its 2,100. 100 euro deposit on the night, Repayments 49 euro per month over 5 years. I make that 2,940 euro. Seems expensive finance, but then they probably get a significant kickback from the finance company too, so, you lose again, and they win again.

Of course Musha, we are being cruel here ...... after all its a very exclusive product that nobody else can supply anddddddddd, you will die if you don't buy it:pac:

In all fairness I would not do without my RO system, could not drink tea or coffee made with tap water as it tastes horrible bit like someone putting in/leaving out sugar in your tea it does exactly what it says on the tin :D

but there is no way i would pay 3 months mortgage payments for it,:confused:

it saves a fortune especially in the summer months when the kids are drinking juice by the gallon, and now I can keep the goldfish alive :D

but it is justified about their sales tactics heavy handedness doom and thunderclap if you drink it after they have done their test.
    The government should making that test illegal as it is across most of central and eastern Europe.
    Best of luck in your side of the country, hope that business is booming:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If a thread you previously created on this topic was closed, why do you think you can start another one. Please take the time to read the charter with regard to posting in this forum.

Thread closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement