Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sligo rovers and pats fined €1000 each.....

• 26-03-2008 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

....over shirt fiasco

not sure if you remember, but sligo were forced to wear pats away jersey at the start of the season, following a problem with the shirts, now apoligies in advance, going to aproach this from a sligo point of view

sligo went to the game in their away jersey, and were forced to change into pats away jersey, after both sides jerseys had white sleeves

now sligo have been fined for not haveing a second shirt with them, and pats fined for not changing their jersey

have read the rules on this, dont have a link, but i fail to see why sligo have been fined, my understanding is, if going to an away match, and your shirt clashes with the home sides shirt, you have to wear your away one, sligo met this rule, they had their away shirt with them as the home shirt clashed,

another part of the rule is, if the shirts still clash, the home side are oblidged to change, as far as the ref was concerned, there was a problem with the sleves, both being white, they clashed, so within the rules, pat were obliged to change, they did not, and silgo were forced to wear pats away shirt

now maybe someone can enlighten me, why have sligo been fined, with my understanding they followed the rules by having their away shirt with them, their was still a clash, and pats did not follow their obligation to change thiers

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

FAI agree on jersies at start of season and each fixture looked at in temrs of possible clashes, someone in the fai told sligo it was ok to wear all white.

rules-ish

Bring 2 sets of gear, in event of clash away team change, if still clash home team change.

We refused as Kerr hates the FAI, you didnt have a 2nd kit.

Sligo wore our away gear which also has white on the sleeves.

In summation Buttimer is colour blind.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

At one level, of course Buttimer is at fault here, the shirts were cleared and he decides to overrule the FAI and interpret the rules himself. A bad decision from a bad ref who seems to be the only one who even looks at this as his preserve.

Having said that, bad and all as the decision was, it was the referees call and Sligo as were supposed to have both kits, €1,000 please.

Pats is more interesting. They were ordered to wear their away kits and Sligo could wear theirs and refused. Kerr wont allow Pats to comply with any FAI ruling, no media work, players arent provided at sponsors events etc. If the FAI ordered Richmond evacuated in case of a fire Kerr would lock the gate. Odds on the first points deduction of the season is down D8 way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i can sort of understand us being fined for not having a second kit, but our home shirt whould have even been more of a clash, hence us following the rules and (attempting to) wearing our away one, which the ref stated the sleeves clashed

irish-stew wrote: »
    i can sort of understand us being fined for not having a second kit, but our home shirt whould have even been more of a clash, hence us following the rules and (attempting to) wearing our away one, which the ref stated the sleeves clashed

I don't think anyone is disputing that, technically you are in the wrong, but the reality is you are being fined to 'balance' Pats far more serious wrongdoing. The FAI always seem to fine both sides the same ie. 1 flare is the same fine as 50.

Unlucky.

irish-stew wrote: »

You didnt have a home shirt, you only brought one set of jerseys the rule is bring 2.

You were offered Lissadells and Inchicore Uniteds (i think) ones blue and other is yellow, you refused to wear them.

But rule is you bring 2, FAI said it was cool to wear the all white so you only brought that one.

We should have worn our away and let you wear your white we were just being pigheaded altho paddy power may give us a bonus for this

But even if we wore away and you white the same white on sleeves would have been there, but hey least anto murphys bebo quote "i will never a pats jersey again" bit him in the ass :D

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote: »

We should have worn our away and let you wear your white we were just being pigheaded

Do you approve as a fan of SPA FC's policy of consistantly disobeying FAI direction and rules for the simple reason one of your employees has a personal gripe with the head man in the association?

Surely that sort of pettiness and self defeating small minded behaviour seems at odds with Special K's grandioise schemes for the club?

Sligo wore our away gear which also has white on the sleeves.

In summation Buttimer is colour blind.

kdjac

thats the crazy thing , had we been allowed to wear our all white shirt (as pre aprroved by the FAI) and pats wore their away shirt, which buttimer requested , there still would have been the white in the sleeves, but would there have been some rule allowing it because the whole sleve is not white, only a section of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

While we all know the FAI are going to be fine happy either way, fact is if Sligo had brought a home kit they would have worn that and Pats couldnt have objected to wearing an away jersey, Buttimers still a joke, far bigger clash between Harps and UCD at the weekend.

Do you approve as a fan of SPA FC's policy of consistantly disobeying FAI direction and rules for the simple reason one of your employees has a personal gripe with the head man in the association?

Surely that sort of pettiness and self defeating small minded behaviour seems at odds with Special K's grandioise schemes for the club?

As a fan of a club in the FAI i agree with anything that pisses them off, i am sure we will get docked points but in essence if we are its only proving Kerr right.

We will get that 15k back and we will get that 1k back, when we do where we really pissing them off or highlighting issues ;)

irish stew your away gear isnt even proper white its the darkish kind, its not the 1st time buttimer has done this and doubt it be the last.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

I think it was the ref's fault:
    jerseysoy7.png
    The shirts are similar to Spurs and Arsenal and they never have to change when they play each other:

http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/design05/images/domr/bendtner_275_g.jpg

Or when Arsenal & Fulham play:
    http://soccernet-akamai.espn.go.com/design05/images/domr/rosicky_275_g.jpg

Common sense should have prevailed. But alas...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

But it was Buttimer in charge.. so sense will never prevail.

As a fan of a club in the FAI i agree with anything that pisses them off, i am sure we will get docked points but in essence if we are its only proving Kerr right.

We will get that 15k back and we will get that 1k back, when we do where we really pissing them off or highlighting issues ;)

What issues are you highlighting by refusing to make players and staff available for media and promotion work?

What issues are you highlighting be flagrantly breaking the wage cap?

What issues did you highlight by being the only club not to enter a developmental side into the Futsal tournament?

Its spoilt brat syndrome and it will hurt your club in the future. If you see some merit in goading the FAI into deducting points or making you play behind closed doors for refusing to comply with any FAI direction, well thats your lookout. But don't patronise us by claiming its for the good of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A legitimate fine as both teams broke the rules, but the ref should have never made them switch jerseys anyway.

If you can't tell the difference between a red shirt and a white shirt, then you shouldn't be a ref.

If you can't tell the difference between a red shirt and a white shirt, then you shouldn't be a ref.

to be fair to the ref it was just the sleeves he couldn't tell apart

:D

Ah the clueless Rovers fan speaking on behalf of his forum.
    What issues are you highlighting by refusing to make players and staff available for media and promotion work?

our players are available for promotion and go to schools in our locaility weekly as per our CPO, obviously you missed the Echo recently with the Bren Clarke "who do you support?" "Pats" article was very funny.
    What issues are you highlighting be flagrantly breaking the wage cap?
    Our wealthy owner chooses to fund the club, the FAI chose not to allow that to happen unless its a non refundable loan * hence we will get that 15k back.

What issues did you highlight by being the only club not to enter a developmental side into the Futsal tournament?

Nearly sure 4 of our futsal CHAMPIONS OF IRELAND played vs Crumlin utd tonight and lost 2-0 with Guy Fitz in the team, please try harder. We call them the A league team but chose to overlook that in your forum.

Its spoilt brat syndrome and it will hurt your club in the future. If you see some merit in goading the FAI into deducting points or making you play behind closed doors for refusing to comply with any FAI direction, well thats your lookout. But don't patronise us by claiming its for the good of the game.

No it wont hurt ours if our owner gets what he wants and kerr and platinum one get what they want, it will hurt your club far far more.

Btw i am registered on your secret forum and read the posts tonight, seriously try harder.

kdjac

Ah the clueless Rovers fan speaking on behalf of his forum.

I'm speaking on behalf of myself - save the histrionics.

our players are available for promotion and go to schools in our locaility weekly as per our CPO, obviously you missed the Echo recently with the Bren Clarke "who do you support?" "Pats" article was very funny.

You do your own local work. Well done, do you want a medal? Thats the bare minimum. The point is you do not, as per heads of agreement you signed up to, make players or staff available for the FAI or sponsors like every other club. No press conferences before games either. Why not? Who wins there? Shooting yourselves in the foot out of sheer stupidity.
    Our wealthy owner chooses to fund the club, the FAI chose not to allow that to happen unless its a non refundable loan * hence we will get that 15k back

There is a wage cap of 65% of turnover. Something Pats signed up. Loans are not turnover. You broke the rules, and as other clubs are obeying this, you have an unfair competitive advantage. This means you are cheating.
    Nearly sure 4 of our futsal CHAMPIONS OF IRELAND played vs Crumlin utd tonight and lost 2-0 with Guy Fitz in the team, please try harder. We call them the A league team but chose to overlook that in your forum.

4 players involved in your club won the futsal tournament. Who were the other 10? Hardly the spirit the competition is meant to be played in, especially since all other clubs had developmental squads. I said it at the time, you won on a loophole that will be closed.

No it wont hurt ours if our owner gets what he wants and kerr and platinum one get what they want, it will hurt your club far far more.

How does Pats refusing to obey any FAI dictat advance the cause of the All Ireland League?

Or have you a new hairbrained scheme?
    Btw i am registered on your secret forum and read the posts tonight, seriously try harder.

None of this was discussed there recently, and besides, unless you are a member of Shamrock Rovers you dont have access to the main forum. I call bull! Yet again you are talking through your swiss.

Stick to putting hoolie clips on youtube.

Advertisement