Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling the Park ???

• 26-03-2008 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭

Just caught a gander at an article in the Munster Express.. a deal has been done it seems, to sell the People's Park to Noel Frisby for €100m

From what I read, the plans are to build apartments on the site of the park, and a nice new house on the South Parade end.

Personally, Im pretty annoyed at this sneaky deal and some of the comments made in the article by the spokesperson for the deal dont do much to help "elderly people strolling about like they own the place".

Anyone else read about this?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ah your not serious? Maybe its an early April Fools joke?

The last thing we need is the loss of the one decent section of green space Waterford has to be replaced with houses, apartments and more buildings.

Unbelivable.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

ah lads would ye cop on, there would be murder if that were to be true, the munster express does not only come out on 1 day and cover that day only, this edition of the munster express will also cover april 1st which is the day of the fools !!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ah lads would ye cop on, there would be murder if that were to be true, the munster express does not only come out on 1 day and cover that day only, this edition of the munster express will also cover april 1st which is the day of the fools !!

This edition falls on April Fools? Didn't know that, my bad. I dont usually read The Munster :p

Would be very surprised if it was true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Early April 1st gag. Not that I'd put it past them or Frisby!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Sure wouldint Brendan McCann object to it anyway :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭henboy9

ah surely has to be a joke
    i think if they were to sell it prob would of been done a few years back ''LONG LIVE THE PEOPLE'S PARK''

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

They just plowed money into it so it must be a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Sully wrote: »
    This edition falls on April Fools? Didn't know that, my bad. I dont usually read The Munster :p

Would be very surprised if it was true.
    Actually, that just dawned on me, but I still fell for it. Hook, line, sinker and copy of Angling Monthly :p

Now one wonders what Google will come up with to mark the occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Well the article says that all will be revealed on tue ( which is April Fools ) , I must say it did have me thinking for a few mins when driving home today after looking at the headline and not been able to read the story till I got home .

No doubt Billy Mc Carthy will have plenty of auld wans from round the ciddy ringing in to complain .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

:D Ha! Class.. I love it.

Watch out for Waterford Today.. they usually have one that stirs trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Did anyone hear if Billy Mc Carthy was getting many calls about it this morning ? , I was outside treacys shop a while ago and John O'Connor walked past only for he was having a conversation I would have said it to him about been an april fools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

They do this every year.

A few years back they printed the story that the GAA sold Walsh Park and a developer was going to build houses on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dan39

A couple of years back , John O' Connor (I think) in the Munster Express said that Ian Paisley would be coming to a meeting of the Free Presbyterian Church at the community centre, Pond Road in Tramore, before throwing in the ball at a match in Walshe Park later that day.

I know a couple of people who took that 100% seriously and were shocked when Billy McCarthy pointed out the date.icon10.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I remember that lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Ah ha can't believe ye fell for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Wasn't there another one a few years ago. Something along the lines of splitting Jury's hotel in two to fit in with the new Waterford/Kilkenny boundary!?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

ha this is class, my mother was raging about this yesterday, she still thinks its true, dont think ill tell her its not either!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the leader 64

News has just broken through that the Peoples Park has been sold.

Contracts are being signed on Tuesday to a local developer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

You have to be kidding me. Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 the leader 64

yes it is true.

sad day for waterford

• Advertisement

That is an utter disgrace. It is the last area of the City where people in the City can get away and relax. It's a play enviroment for city children, and alot of people use it for excercise. I would of thought it was not even possible for them to sell it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

So you didn't notice this then ;)

Kahless wrote: »
    So you didn't notice this then ;)

Thank god! I figured this had to be some kind of joke. No way someone could get away with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

they can,t do that its a designated green area the only one in the city!!!!!! smells like an april fools joke to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Can't believe so many people fell for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

^^^this, sure what date do you think next tuesday is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I'm worrying about the intelligence of Waterford city

Topic Merged

I think the article in the News & Star about the hotel on Ard Ri is also an April Fools joke.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully wrote: »
    Topic Merged

I think the article in the News & Star about the hotel on Ard Ri is also an April Fools joke.

Was thinking the very same myself. I certainly hope it is an April fool. It looked awful. Does the News & Star usually carry an April fool though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

I'm worrying about the intelligence of Waterford city

+1 i wonder if i started a " what time would it be if the clocks didnt go forward " thread ,would i get many replys

Advertisement