Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock; Brass Balls

Options
  • 26-03-2008 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Just made a stab at this achievement after just completing the game for the first time. I rescued and dealt with every Little Sister first time round so I've got those already.

Just looking for any tips at this, Im having no trouble with splicers but Im finding it impossible to take down a Daddy without dying.

Just halfway through Neptunes Bounty now and still no dead Daddies!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Can't remember exactly what firepower you have at that point in the game but the trap bolt is an effective weapon against a Big Daddy. Otherwise, you could try loading up an exploding barrel with a number of proximity grenades - then using telekinesis to launch this death barrel™ at thine foe.

Follow this with "its just been revoked!" to do double the damage. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Brass Balls is toughest at the start of the game, later on Big Daddies are no issue between rockets and trap bolts. The first one you can sneakily take down by propping yourself up on the plant box, he can't hit you (but that's cheating ;) ).

With the Neptunes Bounty one(s), make sure you make full use of hacked rocket turrets, maybe some enrage on the locals, and if you're quick you can use telekinesis to throw their mines back at them. Fnz has a good tip too, stick mines on things and throw them. It gets a lot easier after you save 3 little sisters, as Tenenbaum will give you a plasmid gift
    Hypnotize Big Daddy, make them fight eachother instead of you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

koneko wrote: »
    Brass Balls is toughest at the start of the game, later on Big Daddies are no issue between rockets and trap bolts. The first one you can sneakily take down by propping yourself up on the plant box, he can't hit you (but that's cheating ;) ).

With the Neptunes Bounty one(s), make sure you make full use of hacked rocket turrets, maybe some enrage on the locals, and if you're quick you can use telekinesis to throw their mines back at them. Fnz has a good tip too, stick mines on things and throw them. It gets a lot easier after you save 3 little sisters, as Tenenbaum will give you a plasmid gift
    Hypnotize Big Daddy, make them fight eachother instead of you ;)

The first one in Medical or in Neptune?

At this point in the game (havent played since i posted) I gots some frags and proxies. I tried hacking the turret but the daddy just destroyed it when the rocket hit him!

Cant find an exploding barrel or cylinder anywhere around the first daddy on neptune, Il just try get some trap bolts and see how I get on.

Need Adam...

The first Big Daddy (Rozie) in Neptune's Bounty would lob mines at you, you could use those with telekinesis, I think there might have been an exploding barrel or two around there, but they're probably destroyed by now if there was a fight there already. There's a sentry gun underneath the boardwalk too but you've probably hacked it already.

But the first one I referred to before is in the Medical Pavillion, a Bouncer Big Daddy. There are wheelchairs around there, and a big flowerpot, if you use telekinesis to move a wheelchair or something else near the pot, you can jump up and get in a spot where he can't hit you. But that's cheating, so don't do that :) The first big daddy isn't that hard anyway, just make sure you use electro bolt to shock him, and the shotgun. Once he charges, move out of the way, or electro bolt him so he can't move for a bit.

And don't forget to do plenty of research when you get the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I generally didn't hack the rocket turrets - preferring instead to grab the rockets, again using telekinesis, and firing 'em at enemies. Big Daddies destroy the turrets too quickly for them to be of much use otherwise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I beat the game without using vita-chambers before they made this achievement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

koneko wrote: »
    But the first one I referred to before is in the Medical Pavillion, a Bouncer Big Daddy. There are wheelchairs around there, and a big flowerpot, if you use telekinesis to move a wheelchair or something else near the pot, you can jump up and get in a spot where he can't hit you. But that's cheating, so don't do that :)of course i wont ;)The first big daddy isn't that hard anyway, just make sure you use electro bolt to shock him, and the shotgun. Once he charges, move out of the way, or electro bolt him so he can't move for a bit.

And don't forget to do plenty of research when you get the camera.

Would u normally take one pic of each enemy or just snap away until it wont take anymore?

Its those damn charges the daddy does that I cant seem to strafe by.

Gots to use some telekinesis and throw the proxies back at him yes?

If you can, yeah, you'd have to be fairly quick as they switch between the rivet gun and mines.

I took pics of each enemy until it stopped giving points, it maxes out the research quicker. Try to make the first shot a good one, so an action shot, with the person/big daddy in the center, should get you an A rating if it's a good pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Upgrade your chemichal thrower so it wastes less ammo then use electric gel. The daddy's cant move when you use it on them and it's super effective. If you have the two inventing plasmids you should have more then enough

Advertisement