Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it to late to apply

Options
  • 26-03-2008 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

Hello,

Looking for some advice on applying for college next year. the simple question is is it too late to apply 1) as a mature student or 2) through the cao.

ive been reading through the cao website and some help would really be appreciated.
    If its to late as a mature, could i apply through the cao and do i need a application number or will the 1 from my leaving a few years ago do?

and also if i did get in for next year through the cao, would i get a mature student grant if eligable?

Thanks in advance really cant work this stuff out well

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

Hi Stewie,

If you know what course you want to do and what college you want to attend, best thing would be to seek advice from the college's admissions or mature student department.

I'm sure the queries you have won't be new to them.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I'm kinda in the same boat as yourself at the moment.

J.

Whoops, I read this before I left work but forgot to reply!

There is a cut-off date of the 1st of February each year I believe, so you have missed that. The reason it's a lot earlier is to facilitate some of the interviews to take place over the next few months. However, it isn't (technically) too late. According to the CAO website, you can still apply up to the start of May, although some courses will not accept places now (Nursing & Midwifery as an example). Also, since you're applying late, you have to contact the relevant college (HEI = Higher Education Institute). See here for the information on this.

If you want to apply as a 'normal' student you can just send in the form late. You'll be assessed on the points from your Leaving Cert like most other applicants.

Grant wise the deadline for 2008 is the 29th of August, so if you get a place for the start of September you can of course apply for a grant! Have a look at some of the websites in my signature for some information.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

You are better off to call the college and find out

The cut off date for UL is 1 April,. My application was sent in yesterday and according to anpost.ie was delivered today.

You probably won't need your leaving cert results if you are applying as a mature student for a university course. I think the Institute of Technology courses are closed though.

Advertisement