Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hello all

Options
  • 26-03-2008 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hey guys
    well i just moved to Dublin and i have some questions
    whats the best internet service to get to play wow? my friend has clearwire but its pretty slow, im looking forward to get the NTL 6mb connection is that enough to play wow?
    i used to play in the US servers, if i play there from here do u guys think i will have problems with latency?
    whats the best place to buy a laptop that suits wow? im looking for some laptop in the price range of 600-800 € but mostly of them comes with a crap video card, well anyeway sorry for all the questions
    tanks all in advance to anyone that can help
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

dell might be the best place to get a laptop for that price range, they're good at making low-mid range stuff.

Any broadband connection should suffice for wow, as long as its not that satelite/wireless type, dont think thats too good for gaming.

Some people here play on US servers or used to so I think its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

ntl 6 meg is decent for me in galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Don't get clearwire unless u have no other choice, its truly terrible for WoW.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wreck wrote: »
    Don't get clearwire unless u have no other choice, its truly terrible for anything.
    Fixed for you :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kklaus

yes my friend has clearwire and its really crap
    i should get ntl today, 6mb package i think
    anyway, the problem now is that my account is from the united states and i cant use the gamecards that sells here, they are only for europe accounts
    and i dont have any card that blizzard supports
    need find a way to pay now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Try using a 3V disposable credit card?

Anyways, I play on NTL 6Mb and don't have any problems. Latency won't be as good as the US, but it should be playable. High-end PvP might be a pain though, but people on Oceanic servers would have had the same problem for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kklaus

i have one debit card from the AIB bank
    the flag is maestro or something like that
    anyway
    i might try to use paypal
    i used to play with 400 ms ping in my country so iam used to some huge latency

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

I've been using a IBB Business connection (Breeze I think?) for the last 3 years or so to play WoW without any significant issues. Thanks to the location of my flat my nearest mast sits on top of a building down near Fitzwilliam Square that's about 99% business users - all of whom finish up before I start playing in the evenings/weekends. 0 contention = average latency of less then 50ms for the last 3 years which suits me fine, even if the better half is downloading 6 billion episodes of Criminal Minds to watch on the other computer >.<

Advertisement