Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

property price, how do you find what a property sold for?

Options
  • 26-03-2008 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hi,

in the UK, you can go online and find out how much a property sold for and when it was sold, is there a system that allows you to do the same here in Ireland??
    I am trying to find out if a particular house here in Ireland has been sold within the past 2 or 3 years

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

You can't really; reliable information on the the exact market prices (specific and overall statistics) is sorely lacking in Ireland. If it was available, I don't think the boom would have been so severe.

You might be able to find out if a particular property was sold in the last few years at the land registry (in the four courts) or the registry of deeds (off constitution hill), but this won't contain prices and you have to pay for the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭jetski

If it was available, I don't think the boom would have been so severe.

Thats a fair point...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

houses are sold as private treaty so house price sale information is not readily available. however, i have found out through some long research that this info is widely collated by Revenue however this info is not publicly available even under FOI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

miju wrote: »
    houses are sold as private treaty so house price sale information is not readily available. however, i have found out through some long research that this info is widely collated by Revenue however this info is not publicly available even under FOI.

I was thinking about this recently and it occurred to me that since solicitors must notify the revenue of sale details (for stamp duty purposes) then obviously the revenue must have the details. You'd think they'd throw it on an auld database and charge a euro a pop to look it up (one way of clawing back all that missing vat and stamp duty).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

your right on one part there Glenbhoy, they do collate all the info into a database and it is even broken down on a county by county basis, but theres not a chance in hell any member of pulic is getting a sniff at it.

I tried to even get some sample data from it before and was told straight up no chance (and this was of a fellow civil servant :) )

• Advertisement
Advertisement