Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Leon Rear Window Water Tank?

Options
  • 26-03-2008 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Unless I'm mistaken there is definitely a nozzle at the base of the rear window wiper, but I can't for the life of me find the tank to fill it up with water. It's the older model, 00 reg. Anyone help?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Surely it uses the same tank as the front windscreen :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Same tank as the front ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Ok without being smart im guessing its no longer working and you have filled up the front to no avail?

This is a pretty common problem on the MK4 golf based hatchbacks,you will find the rubber hose has perished or split and come off the nozzle so every time you wash the rear window you are filling the area behind the boot trim with water,have you noticed any electrical issues like alarm going off on its on or the dash telling oyu the boot is open when its not?

If you are any way technically minded this is a pretty easy fix using some rubber hosing,dublee clip etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Yes it uses the water tank for the front windscreen.

BUT....if the motor is running when you push the wiper lever forward and no water is coming out the nozzel at the back more than likely the hose has come away from the nozzle in the boot. Happened to me two weeks ago.

If this is happening there will be water in the sparewheel well and around the boot.

Its a pain to fix :mad:

Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Thanks for the help everyone, yeah it's never worked regardless of the water-level in the main (and I now know - only) water tank.

No electrical concerns that come to mind, but I'll have a poke around with the nozzle tomorrow when it's bright, check for spillages etc.

Thanks.
    N

• Advertisement
Advertisement