Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

writing group?

• 26-03-2008 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭

Anyone know of any creative writing groups in Waterford?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Dan39

F**k off Meatwad!icon8.gif

Deiselady, City or county?
    Adult education centre runs one, held in city, I can't remember exactly where but enquire at their office on Bunkers Hill, below side entrance to WIT College Street.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

There was one my gf was envolved with that used to meet in Downes on Tuesdays but due to lack of numbers it stopped meeting, shame really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EmeraldIslander

Yes, I remember there was a creative writing group that met from time to time in Downes' pub in Thomas Street. But it is many years ago that I had contact with them, so I don't know if the group still exists (and if, where they meet).
    It might be worth asking in Downes', as they should know who comes there.

The group in the Adult Education Centre was more a course than an informal group, and the tutor was a man called Mark Roper, who is a writer himself. It took place in the AEC building in Ozanam Street (behind the Mercy Secondary School) and not in the AEC building in College Street (beside WIT campus).
    The AEC office in Ozanam Street should be able to tell you if it is still on offer.

Otherwise there is always the option to start a new informal group in the city. As I happen to be a writer & editor myself, I might be willing to assist if there are a few people interested in starting a new group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭WHU

Hi, are there any groups in the North Cork area that anyone would know about

• Advertisement
Advertisement