Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urgent Thesis Binding Needed??

• 26-03-2008 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭

Need to get a thesis bound to be handed in next wednesday. IS there anywhere that does it in Carlow????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

The Student Union

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

and Jones' Business Systems I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jones ftw. if they dont do it theyll tell you who do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Jones' do it. I got my two copies (grrrr) done last year there for a very reasonable price. DCU prices were mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 72 ✭✭antog86

thats excellent guys thanks very much. Life savers....

Just to be sure, they are hard back ye?
    Any idea of time, would they do it in a day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Really depends on the pages, the materials for the cover and how busy they are. But usually not very long at all. I'd be very surprised if they couldnt bind a whole thesis in a day...

fair dues to you Ivan, top man,

Now all i need to do is finish the god dam thing...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

With that being said, considering the seriousness of the issue at hand, I'd suggest you give them a quick ring or call in for a quick talk with one of the people there just to confirm everything you've read here. I know how stressful it can be organising all your work together at the last minute and the last thing you want is something like this to throw a spanner into the works...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

The Student Union

Not recommended. Jones ftw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Jones do hard cover thesis binding?? i.e hard cover with thesis title, name etc pressed into the cover? Are you sure you arent confusing 'binding' with the plastic binding sleve? The only places we were informed about was 'The Thesis Centre' in Dublin, Camden Street?? and some other place, there was no mention of Jones at all :rolleyes:. I think the Thesis Centre min time is 4 hours and its pretty pricey at that.

• Advertisement

Correct, spoke to Jones and they put me on to a crowd in Kilkenny who have also stopped doing them, too much hassle.....
    Thesis centre in Dublin is the best bet at short notice,
    However, Thomas Carroll does them in Waterford...... vg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithimac

Yes Your going to have to head up to Dublin to the Thesis centre. If you load your Thesis onto a usb stick they can print it off that, make sure you check it when you get it, I did mine last year and it was only on the bus ride home with my thesis due the next day that I realised that half my biblography was missing. It usually takes 5 hours to do so make sure to be up by 12 if you want it on the same day and it cost me about 80 yoyo last year to get a hard back and a soft back copy. Try not to be like me. I missed the first bus up to Dublin the morning I went to get it bound as I was still writing the fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

What course requires a thesis to be done in hard back i.e hard cover with thesis title, name etc pressed into the cover? I presume its a business course.

I thought most courses in carlow would be happy with normal binding and maybe a fancy title/cover page. Well that whats mine had and it passed me well. Would definitely not pay around 80e for something that you can get done for 70e odd cheapaer if it was not a massive requirement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭convert

It depends on what course you're doing and in what department. Some require hard binding, others soft binding. The cost depends of hard binding depends on how many copies you need and how quickly you need it. Obviously, if you need a quick binding (ie - 5 hours) you're going to pay more than if you can give a week. Obviously, the cost goes up if you need them to print it out. €80 wouldn't be that much, I reckon, unfortunately!

I got my thesis done in the Thesis Centre on Camden St and found them great. Once I told them which college I was from, they knew exactly what I needed, and they then checked it with me before it was bound.

Advertisement