Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw headunit help...

Options
  • 26-03-2008 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

when i bought my car it had an aftermarket hu, not being a fan of that look i bought a bmw slot loading cd from ebay and went to fit it, when i did i realised a job had been done on the wires to make the alpine hu work so i had to bring the car to Brendan in MDS to get it put back to stock.

Bren does a great job, hu works, plays cds fine but he said i need an adapter for the aerial antennae which he hasnt got, i order what i think is the correct one from bmw but it wont work (rest of post copied from post on bmw driver):

thought i was finally finished with head unit, got the wiring sorted, so works fine and cd works fine, all i need is an adapter for the antenna, ordered part no6112 6913 955 which i thought i needed but it turns out this isnt any use, the input into the adapter is the same as the antenna connector i have and the output matches the stereo input, i.e its the very same so wont fit in, hopefully pics will help

anyone know what i need?

this is back of stereo and the aerial input

26032008025.jpg

this is the current aerial wire in the car

26032008026.jpg

so what i need is something that will connect that to the back of the headunit

what i have is this

adapter input

26032008029.jpg

adapter out put

26032008027.jpg
    excuse blurry pic, basically i need a hollow out put with a pin that will go into the back of the headunit, instead i have a an unhollow (is that a word) output with a hole

have i explained this right?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

is this what i need

PC5-101.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Longrangedriver

You may need this too:

53338.jpg

to go along with this:

53339.jpg

As you would guess it goes in to the cable in your post, I have had to use these in some of the installations I've done recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭SecureSounds

Looks like your car is a 01 onwards and the radio you got is from an older model. You will need the picture you posted , that should sort it ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,089 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ok adapter ordered should work :)

Advertisement