Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok just look at this....

Options
  • 26-03-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Now i'm really trying to find the basic logic in how you can do this to kids....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUeoem1gR3s

I mean come on, it's not science it's art? Honestly the scary thing is these kids are the future and even when the facts are put out in front of them they're still gonna ignore them.... I mean i'd love to be the criminal who has one of these kids as they're judge in the future....

Anyone else want to smack that bald shiny head of his?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Anyone else want to smack that bald shiny head of his?
    Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Disgusting mind rape, needless to say. That's textbook brainwashing - "Say after me. Again. Again. Good."

But yeah, I'm sure 50% of those kids are smelling BS from the bald guy's speeches.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Which one is J C and which is Wolfsbane?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

"You need to think like Creationists."

Explanation as to why = nop

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Reminds me of this episode of Moral Orel:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3116519970829468189

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    Reminds me of this episode of Moral Orel:
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3116519970829468189

Haha brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭adamd164

K, I'm sorry I watched that now, it's pissed me right off.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well, now you know how they feel when they visit a natural history museum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

... why in the hell are the museum allowing this procession of dribbling idiots and tubby maniacs to run tours?

How do you know?" - I wonder if the creep has ever considered turning that attitude inward and examining his own babbling bug-eyed philosophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'd love to shove an Apple of Knowledge down their throats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

"...I've come here for good science..."

Why do you turn this into a museum of lies?!

Ahaha: "Ok....there are several problems for the Creationist...uhm...there's no doubt about that..."

Also, those two little jerk offs at 6:58 make me want to ram a spike into their stupid little heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Yeah, my tolerance for religion just doesn't extend to people like these. Wilfully denying empirical evidence just isn't kosher. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

It seems to me there is a great fear among them, that the science will take their children away or something. While I believe in Creation, I am certainly not a creationist. This video is very, very sad, actually a bit distubing!:(

JimiTime wrote: »
    While I believe in Creation, I am certainly not a creationist.

That's the thing isn't it, these people are essentially a small whackjob subset of people who believe in Creation.

While I believe in Creation, I am certainly not a creationist.

Ya wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

It would be funny how stupid those people are if it wasn't real. Stuff like that 'tour' should be illegal.

For every intelligent person taking mankind forward by inventing/investigating things scientifically there are 9 idiots trying to hold us back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

For every intelligent person taking mankind forward by inventing/investigating things scientifically there are 9 idiots trying to hold us back.
    In reality there were only two idiots in that video, and a group of impressionable children unlucky enough to have been born to other idiots.

Stuff like that 'tour' should be illegal.

Seriously, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭adamd164

If it was being done to children of unwilling parents, it would certainly want to be illegal. Here, it clearly is not. Parents are going to teach their children what they wish.

I don't like the fact, and I pity the children, but I can only put a stop to it when it's being done to my own. Then it becomes a war.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

What a disturbing thread. All of you who disagree with the tour guides want to shut them up,

Overheal: I'd love to shove an Apple of Knowledge down their throats.

hivemind: ... why in the hell are the museum allowing this procession of dribbling idiots and tubby maniacs to run tours?

son of jimmy: Anyone else want to smack that bald shiny head of his?

And you have the gall to call Christians intolerant and hypocrites?

What a disturbing thread. All of you who disagree with the tour guides want to shut them up,

Overheal: I'd love to shove an Apple of Knowledge down their throats.

hivemind: ... why in the hell are the museum allowing this procession of dribbling idiots and tubby maniacs to run tours?

son of jimmy: Anyone else want to smack that bald shiny head of his?

And you have the gall to call Christians intolerant and hypocrites?

But wouldn't you react with anger if the video showed them teaching the kids the $cientology story (Xenu etc)? And if they were getting the kids to repeat over and over, 'Xenu is our overlord and master', before they were old enough to see it was nonsense?

What a disturbing thread. All of you who disagree with the tour guides want to shut them up

No we don't, some of us just think they are wackos and are talking crazy stuff but that they have every right to teach their kids what they want. They just don't get to call it a science and have it taught in schools in general. I think this is a perfectly acceptable compromise between the intelligent design/evolution in schools debate. I might think that they are talking complete crap but I don't I've a right to tell them not to do it since it's not like they're raising their kids to think that it's ok to break the law or similar.

I can't remember who said it but the quote "Sir, I disagree completely with you but I'll die to protect your right to say it" (I'm messing up the words but the general message is there). I could google for the proper quote and author but I'm feeling lazy.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Not quite "all". Like nesf, I certainly don't want to shut these guides up, and I'm not at all sure that the state should try to either.

In all fairness, it's really up to the parents to ensure that they're educated properly, so it's really up to them either to shut these people up or remove them from positions where they can abuse the trust of children and parents alike. If parents abandon their responsibility and teach kids prehistoric mythical trash as truth, or people like that overweight buffoon do it for them, then sooner or later, it will come around to bite both the children and parents, by creating the kind of stone-age society they seek, with a concomitant stone-age outlook.

There are enough countries out there with teachers and educational systems that respect education, children and the real world who deserve the kind of knowledge-based economic success that these people have no interest in sustaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

What a disturbing thread. All of you who disagree with the tour guides want to shut them up

No, apparently 3 of those who disagree with the tour guides want to shut them up, and I doubt they were that serious about "slapping their bald shiny heads"

But I will remind myself of your comments the next time someone says something silly like "All Christians are Creationist idiots who believe the Earth is only 6,000 years old" and the Christian forum goes nuts. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

all hail the chief:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

It seems to me there is a great fear among them, that the science will take their children away or something. While I believe in Creation, I am certainly not a creationist. This video is very, very sad, actually a bit distubing!:(
    Zillah wrote: »
    Ya wha?
    correct me if im wrong jimitime, but i think what he means zillah is he believes a deity created the world,but not in a "magic fairy dust" way, as in the world was created and stuff evolved, but that was the plan. or something. ive explained it before on the christianity forum but didnt really get anywhere
    nesf wrote: »
    I can't remember who said it but the quote "Sir, I disagree completely with you but I'll die to protect your right to say it" (I'm messing up the words but the general message is there). I could google for the proper quote and author but I'm feeling lazy.
    voltaire, and it was i detest what you write, but would give my life for you to continue to write.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Isn't this guy wrong from the start by thinking Jesus was their "creator and designer" ... I don't remember much from religion class but I coulda sworn that was actually god ...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Isn't this guy wrong from the start by thinking Jesus was their "creator and designer" ... I don't remember much from religion class but I coulda sworn that was actually god ...
    some can decide whether jesus was god when creating the world or whether god created the persona of jesus after.
    meh

• Advertisement

nerin wrote: »
    voltaire, and it was i detest what you write, but would give my life for you to continue to write.

Thank you.

Advertisement