Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok just look at this....

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

bogwalrus wrote: »
    But be careful now sangre, as my eyes veer over to my user cp i see that it says moderator with four lovely silver stars and at any moment if i feel under pressure from your great ability to prove my theories false i will not hesitate in banning you;)

Was that meant to be ironic or am I missing out on an in joke or something?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Galvasean wrote: »
    Was that meant to be ironic or am I missing out on an in joke or something?
    Look under your name (and then at the calender)...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You can't prove outright that the toothfairy isn't real, or that Thor is a lie, but I'm sure not one person here would have it taught to their kids as truth.

With science, you are teaching kids, "To the best of our knowledge, this is how we understand the world to be, and here why we think so". Although many religious people would like to say otherwise, science is not just another faith. Science updates itself with new information, dogma does not. A Bible printed in 2008 will still tell you the earth is flat.

Thor was an Asgard. End of discussion :cool:

seriously though, see how easy it was for Stargate to make logical sounding backstories on theology's greatest characters, like Thor, Anubis, Ra, etc?

Imagine if they printed Stargate in a single book and left to stew for 2000 years. You would have true beleivers too.

How do you really know the whole Bible wasnt just one very elaborate Jerusalem Times Best Seller?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Overheal wrote: »

Actually he's an Æsir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Thank you!! Finally some sense around here. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin