Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loading mags on G36C

Options
  • 26-03-2008 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Just got my first AEG today, JG J&K G36C and i've run into my first problem...loading mags. Is there some knack to it? I'm using the King Arms large speed loader and on both mags i've tried to load I only get 1-2 bbs in with each pump and I get very little in total. On one pump it seem to split open the side of the mag. i've already had to take apart both mags to free up bbs which wouldn't come out. any and all help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,804 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

are they hi-caps?

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭MacAonghusa

470 rnd I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭Crave

well there will be a little sliding cover or something similar where you pour in the bb's then wind the wheel on the bottom:D

!!! :(

It seemed pretty stiff on mine so I didn't think it was supposed to open. A bit of prying got it done.

... look we all have Forrest Gump moments sometimes ok?? :o:o

do they always rattle like hell? kinda lowers the stealth factor.

p.s. thanks for the assist

ya thats the disadvantage to the high capicity, main reason a lot of ppl don't use them, but it's personal choice, realism/playability

use the thank you button, would be my first :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

bwhahahaha!
    i was gonna post to tell you about the little door flap thingy but i said to myself, "nah, he cant be that thick".,lol.,:D

Crave wrote: »
    ya thats the disadvantage to the high capicity, main reason a lot of ppl don't use them, but it's personal choice, realism/playability

use the thank you button, would be my first :D

This is what came with the gun and I just ordered a spare. will have to look for mid-caps.

i'm also wondering why the heck I forked out on a speed loader if you can just pour them in!?! :( *Dumbass*

Every one has to start somewhere, we all make mistakes, cut them some slack :rolleyes:

Speed loader will come in handy, I'm sure this won't be your only AEG, trust me!

vtec wrote: »
    bwhahahaha!
    i was gonna post to tell you about the little door flap thingy but i said to myself, "nah, he cant be that thick".,lol.,:D

I didn't want to force it open, I thought it might break. its only cheap plastic after all :(

• Advertisement

Crave wrote: »
    I'm sure this won't be your only AEG, trust me!

It certainly won't! ;)

I know what you mean, one of the bits of plastic on the side of one of my g36 mags has broke off!

I work with plastics so i'm not expecting much from ABS guns.

Another noob question, how long do I charge the battery for first time? bear in mind i'm using the **** battery & charger which came with the gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Oh whats the output in mah of the charger, and the mah of the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Another noob question, how long do I charge the battery for first time? bear in mind i'm using the **** battery & charger which came with the gun.

From memory of my mates one it was 6.5 hours per charge.

7*1100 Mah, charger output is 250Ma. Would that be 1100/250 to give the charge time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Yup, 264 mins according to the calculator

Good stuff. thanks lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭kevteljeur

You could get a smart charger. First time I played, Rew recommended it to me, and I ended up getting an Ansmann from MIA (all the retailers here do a smart charger of some sort). Not that I've been using it for years or anything, but I feel a lot safer about the longevity of my batteries, not to mention safety should I forget I have them plugged in and clear off for the weekend...

• Advertisement

kevteljeur wrote: »
    You could get a smart charger. First time I played, Rew recommended it to me, and I ended up getting an Ansmann from MIA (all the retailers here do a smart charger of some sort). Not that I've been using it for years or anything, but I feel a lot safer about the longevity of my batteries, not to mention safety should I forget I have them plugged in and clear off for the weekend...

Thx kevteljeur, I was thinking of getting one alright as the one that came with the gun is pretty sh1t ... the pins aren't even bloody wide enough for our sockets and will probably break before too long. I was looking at the one on Airsoft Éire ... it's 50 squid though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Componentshop.co.uk do a basic airsoft smart charger, and do batteries too.
    For now I think you generally do the division mentioned before, and add 10 percent more time to compensate for inefficiencies, a smart charger will do this for you with auto cut off, an usually have a discharge function too.

I think most of the Irish retailers stock chargers too.

The speed loader will be handy in future, if you get some mid caps, I believe you can get cheap enough mag brand mids on ehobby.

Its hard to find a vest though that suits g36 mags, I think you would need a tripple stanag pouch to hold two g36 mags.

Motosam wrote: »
    Componentshop.co.uk do a basic airsoft smart charger, and do batteries too.
    For now I think you generally do the division mentioned before, and add 10 percent more time to compensate for inefficiencies, a smart charger will do this for you with auto cut off, an usually have a discharge function too.

Thx. That's what i did last night but I added about 20% just in case. I'll be replacing this battery before too long anyway.

The speed loader will be handy in future, if you get some mid caps, I believe you can get cheap enough mag brand mids on ehobby.

Do you generally go mid or low? There are some nice Tokyo Marui mags on Airsoft Eire, they're not cheap but look the biz.
    Its hard to find a vest though that suits g36 mags, I think you would need a tripple stanag pouch to hold two g36 mags.

or I was thinking a double to hold single mags perhaps ... depends also on how many mags i'll need. I haven't budgeted for lots of mags, I thought 2 hicaps would be ok but this rattle will do my head in :D

Id go with 100 rounds or so per mag about, lower and you'll be reloading constantly given the nature of airsoft and heavy trigger fingers :D

I think a lot of people have 5 or 7 mids, plus one emergency Hi-cap mag filled so it doesn't rattle.

I used to have 2 hi-caps that Id use, now I'm doing a loadout with 5 mids and one hi-cap, haven't tried it yet though but It seems fairly common.

Id go with 100 rounds or so per mag about, lower and you'll be reloading constantly given the nature of airsoft and heavy trigger fingers :D

I think a lot of people have 5 or 7 mids, plus one emergency Hi-cap mag filled so it doesn't rattle.

I used to have 2 hi-caps that Id use, now I'm doing a loadout with 5 mids and one hi-cap, haven't tried it yet though but It seems fairly common.

So "ammo conservation" is not a concept airsofters are familiar with? :D

I think i'll probably do that eventually, won't be airsofting much in coming months so will have time to develop my kit.

So "ammo conservation" is not a concept airsofters are familiar with? :D

I think i'll probably do that eventually, won't be airsofting much in coming months so will have time to develop my kit.

If you conserve ammo, you are either very good and getting lots of clean hits, or very crap and out of range and out of the battle:D

I'm happy to be in the middle and get through a few 100 rounds, I'm not that much of a skirmisher yet:D

If you conserve ammo, you are either very good and getting lots of clean hits, or very crap and out of range and out of the battle:D

I'm happy to be in the middle and get through a few 100 rounds, I'm not that much of a skirmisher yet:D

What did they call 'em in Vietnam ... Rear Echolon M##### F######? That'd be me, out of the fight :D

Thx kevteljeur, I was thinking of getting one alright as the one that came with the gun is pretty sh1t ... the pins aren't even bloody wide enough for our sockets and will probably break before too long. I was looking at the one on Airsoft Éire ... it's 50 squid though.
    As I've said before, if you look at the price of decent batteries, you'll see that €50 isn't so bad for a good charger. I doubt you'll get a well-known brand for cheaper (trust me, I researched before I bought) and it should pay for itself with keeping your batteries alive, as well as fast-charging.

I'm finding I can fit one G36 mag per pouch in my vest, which would normally hold 2 STANAG/M16 mags. However, those notches on the side to clip extra mags together to make them tricky to get into and out of the pouches which is irritating. On the other hand, you can keep up to 3 mags on your gun at a time, which is good.

As you might have seen from my post on the 'Experiences with Airsoft Retailers' I've got an order (sort of, I'd better clear that up) with a British retailer for stuff, that would be a box of Star G36 mid-caps, 140 rounds each, so good-bye baby-rattles! But that set-up you've suggested sounds good, with having a hi-cap for emergencies.

They cost 35 sterling for a box of 5 mags - a good deal, else I'd have bought local.

As I've said before, if you look at the price of decent batteries, you'll see that €50 isn't so bad for a good charger. I doubt you'll get a well-known brand for cheaper (trust me, I researched before I bought) and it should pay for itself with keeping your batteries alive, as well as fast-charging.

Ok, thanks, i'll probably invest so.

However, those notches on the side to clip extra mags together to make them tricky to get into and out of the pouches which is irritating.

I was thinking if it was worth while breaking those off on one side of the mag, you could still keep two clipped together anyway.
    Star G36 mid-caps, 140 rounds each, so good-bye baby-rattles! But that set-up you've suggested sounds good, with having a hi-cap for emergencies

Do you know if they are compatible with the Jing Gong G36C?

• Advertisement

Do you know if they are compatible with the Jing Gong G36C?

I bloody well hope so! We'll find out in a week or less. Irish dealers have comparable mags too, but they're 100 round mags; with packaging, etc, they actually work out cheaper but I couldn't resist having that extra 40 rounds in the mag, and I also wanted to get a couple of 20 round SL-8/9 mags too, which they don't stock here.

Sorry for not responding sooner, by the way.

Advertisement