Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hail showers Wicklow 26th March 2008

• 26-03-2008 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭

A narrow train of hail showers passed to south of Ashford this afternoon. They were narrow enough to see through them and it created an interesting effect that the photos don't do justice.
    Also my camera is nearly always set for macro work with preset white balance etc, so it always takes me time to change the various settings and stick white balance to auto, resulting in missing the best of the action.
    Anyway, here are some of the photos
    hail.JPG
    hail.1.JPG
    hail.2.JPG
    hail.4.JPG
    hail.8.JPG
    hail.10.JPG
    hail.11.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,489 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Nice shots Mothman, I always get excited when I see those dark shafts coming from clouds in the vicinity.
    Seems like to can stand right beside one and receive a few stray hailstones whilst under them run for cover!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Good shots MM, did you hear the hail falling from it?. I tend to enjoy listening to that affect when out of this noise pollution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Too far away to hear. They were a mile or 2 south.

This reminds me of a shower couple years back. Out for a run along coast, and I heard this noise behind me. Looked around to see this sheet of hail advancing. The noise of tha hail landing on beach and sea was almst deafening. The shower passed within 10s of metres making the ground white and yet thankfully no hail where I was, though I had to run quick for 30 seconds or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Paddy.1

Nicely shot and well captured MM:). They certainly are a good representation of the skies of the last few days.

Advertisement