Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

totally freekin random

Options
  • 26-03-2008 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

ya, um...dunno where to post this. but sure, ill try here.

anyone know of any clubs r socs here in ul where one can learn to do this kinda stuff? looks like it could be a laugh if i knew how ta do it properly (mostly the run off the wall thingy at like 53 secs)...*good party trick :D* any facilities that would suit (i mean like crash mats n the like...dnt really fancy snappin my neck in two on my first try...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

It's called Parkour/Free Running...there's a forum here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=645

Not sure if there's a club in UL but hell if you're interested and can find like minded people start one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mr Seven

There was talk last year about starting a parkour/free running club but nothing ever came of it

If you set one up i'm sure you'd get your 25 members quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There isn't a Parkour Club in UL, but it would fall under the remit of OPC if the C&S executive deemed that a suitable accomodation.

Otherwise feel free to approach us via the Clubs Officer
    ulclubsofficer/ at / gmail / dot / com

or the Clubs and Societies Development Officer Paul Lee whose office is directly at the top of the stairs on the right in the Students' Union. You won't qualify for funding this year, but if you get in before...next week...as I don't think we're having a C&S Council meeting after week 10...you may be eligible to apply for a budget in AY 09/10 and you'll be able to access Special Applications Fund in AY 08/09.

You should also maybe talk to the University Sports Administrator Neasa O'Donnell who'll be very informative about what facilities on campus you could use.

The Trampolining Club might be a starting place if you're looking for interested people

Advertisement