Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunchtime

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

was too hungover for lunch today -
    but went with the girls to Revolution
    they had paninnis, and roast lunch -
    Chef guy talked me into a pancake with toffe ice crem, strawberries and chocolate sauce -
    feel all the better for it!
    and girls got jealous and had dessert too
    hats off to him - one hell of a sales man
    should be selling cars for Tom Murphy!!! lol

think ill go out again tonight!

Indeed the Revolution is good food and the chef person (as well as other staff) are very friendly. If I didn't know you any better, id say you either had an obsession with the place or have connections as you like to review it a lot :)

Thanks for the contribution, do continue but just bare in mind your going to get people questioning you if you keep going on about the place! I might even go there tmrow for lunch.. I am stuck between there and Geoffs :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Jambo

Sully wrote: »
    Just back from Geoffs(sp?) - had a nice bowl of soup which came with plenty of bread. Other half had her pannini (chicken tika) which she enjoyed. Only spotted that they did lunch when walking past it today!

I have been eating in Geoffs 10+ years now and something has happned in the last 2/3 months with the quality of their food (Lunch menu only) alot of other regulars seem to be sayin that too, its just not as good anymore . lets hope they get back on track soon !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Was in Geoffs Friday with the mammy and she was well pleased with the swordfish and roast spuds. Have to say it wasn't at all bad for €20 for the two of us.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Few of us went to espresso today. Got a 3 course meal and two minerals for about €20 incl. WIT Discount which was great.

I had soup to start, which was gorgeous, Margherita Pizza (normal base) and Chocolate Fudge cake (well presented, and delicious!).

Very happy with the service, and will definitely go there again. I highly recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

Sully wrote: »
    Indeed the Revolution is good food and the chef person (as well as other staff) are very friendly. If I didn't know you any better, id say you either had an obsession with the place or have connections as you like to review it a lot :)

Thanks for the contribution, do continue but just bare in mind your going to get people questioning you if you keep going on about the place! I might even go there tmrow for lunch.. I am stuck between there and Geoffs :p

Mr Sully - i am facinated - good customer service goes a long way - and look further up and i did reveal where i work - so this area is dear to me!!!!!!!
    live alone (say awwww!!!) so eating out is a way of life!!!!!!
    Geoffs have lost their head and second chef back to COASTwhich is re-opening in a few weeks time ---- and ill try that one too -

i find when u eat out every day - either lunch or dinner - cost and service as well as quality are paramount!

Revolution is my top in city centre for value and serivce followed closely by
    Espresso
    Gingerman (fading star i think though)
    Bodega
    Back o the Mansion

and fast food at my desk - Hillbillies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

espresso all the way, went there today, am not a pizza eater but damn it was gorgeous!

Mr Sully - i am facinated - good customer service goes a long way - and look further up and i did reveal where i work - so this area is dear to me!!!!!!!
    live alone (say awwww!!!) so eating out is a way of life!!!!!!

Yup I remember.. Great customer service but the food isnt anything to shout about imo. Went there the other day!
    Geoffs have lost their head and second chef back to COASTwhich is re-opening in a few weeks time ---- and ill try that one too -

Coast in Tramore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Went to T&H Doolins the other day and wasnt that impressed.

Whilst the food was nice(no complaints there), its the lack of atmosphere and general dingyness and shabbyness of the place that puts me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭jimmytheman

Coast in Tramore?[/QUOTE]

yea - reopening under new owner -
    but same chefs!
    next week i think!

Interesting.. Saw a bit of activty around there alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Hi All,

After one of the earlier posts here, a few of us went to Revolution for lunch yesterday.

We had Robs, Cajun chicken burger and bangers and mash and of course the 4 of us had the pancake pleasure for desert.

would definately recommend the place. Loads of Ribs and the desert was just delicious. Was not too many in there either which i was surprised about.

Check it out folks.

Advertisement